Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 34 of 38)

villalad21

There's an argument for Guilbert / Elmo coming in at RB but I think we looked pretty solid on Sunday and will more than likely keep with the same defence though it probably isn't the best on "paper".

I presume that Targett / Engels will be injured and unavailable for selection.

Therefore the only personnel change I would make is Hourihane or Nakamba coming in for Trezeguet with Jack playing from the left. Probably edge for Conor as we really need a bit more attacking threat.

Reina

Konsa  Hause  Mings  Taylor

Luiz    McGinn

El Ghazi   Hourihane   Grealish

Davis       

Subs; Nyland, Elmo, Guilbert, Nakamba, Lansbury, Jota, Trezeguet, Samatta, Vassilev.

Hopefully we can produce a similar performance to the one against Liverpool but with more quality in the final third.

Worst thing for us is that have champions league qualification to play for and they are going to be really up for the game.  We'll loose by 3 or 4 goals. 

Edited by PaulC

.......................Reina......................

Elmo.....Konsa...Mings.......Hause

....................Luiz.............................

........McGinn.........Hourihane.........

El Ghazi.......Samatta..........Grealish

Sorry lads but i don't think i trust Taylor. 

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Nyland

Guilbert Konsa Mings Taylor

McGinn Luiz Drinkwater

El Ghazi Davis Grealish

Subs: Reina, Elmohamady, Hause, Nakamba, Trezeguet, Jota, Hourihane, Lansbury, Samatta 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

United looked very lively up top at the weekend but looked like a pub team at the back. It's up to our back room staff to capitalise on that ...... might be a case of attack is the best form of defence !!!

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Nyland

Guilbert Konsa Mings Taylor

McGinn Luiz Drinkwater

El Ghazi Davis Grealish

Subs: Reina, Elmohamady, Hause, Nakamba, Trezeguet, Jota, Hourihane, Lansbury, Samatta 

I like how you have Drinkwater in your team while he's not even been on the bench since the restart.

He literally have zero match fitness and you want to throw him straight in against Man Utd?

Edited by villalad21

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I like how you have Drinkwater in your team while he's not even been on the bench since the restart.

He literally have zero match fitness and you want to throw him straight in against Man Utd?

I think that midfield is our best available option, it gives us the best balance and will suit the players that we have in my opinion.

Drinkwater has been training with the first team, hasn’t he? Man Utd aren’t the force they once were, they should be respected but not feared in my opinion edit- Drinkwater is in the training gallery on the OS

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that midfield is our best available option, it gives us the best balance and will suit the players that we have in my opinion.

Drinkwater has been training with the first team, hasn’t he? Man Utd aren’t the force they once were, they should be respected but not feared in my opinion edit- Drinkwater is in the training gallery on the OS

Fitness and match fitness are 2 completely different things.

We'll go one nil up and then probably get pillared for the remainder of the game and lose 4-1. There's no team selection we can do that will really change anything. Davis is toothless, our midfield goals have gone dry, no idea what's happened to Samatta. Our defence can only handle do much pressure until the inevitable. 

We defend so deep and rarely press, it was something that was even noticeable in games in the championship. We are simply a poor team with a poor manager and one decent player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul33 said:

United looked very lively up top at the weekend but looked like a pub team at the back. It's up to our back room staff to capitalise on that ...... might be a case of attack is the best form of defence !!!

A cunning plan indeed but for one small oversight...................our absence of an attack

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Just looked at the table after we drew 2-2 with Man U in December.  There was a 3 point gap between the two sides. Now it is 28 points, wow.

They were really poor up to February. As I've mentioned reguarly starting likes of Lingard in those times and with injuries to Pogba and Martial there was serious lack of creativity so they were struggling to score more than once and also had poor results. Drawing with us at Old Trafford will certainly be viewed as a poor result by them given we've lost every other game we've played against top 6 teams and they were also losing to likes of Bournemouth and Newcastle back then.

All changed with the Fernandes signing and getting other players staying fit so completely different attacking beast now. I'd be surprised if we only conceded 3 goals.