Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

23 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Gotta love VT. Aaron Ramsey has a couple of good games and now he's is better than Jacob and is the next coming of Messi. 

Come off it. Messi is the previous coming of Ramsey,  and that's  without  a scintilla of hyperbole

Because there are tournaments this summer, players that would normally be pushed up an age group are being held back to play in those tournaments and give their current age group best possible chance of winning, once next season starts likes of Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam will come into contention for the U21 squad if doing well enough, and likes of Jacob will be phased out and expected to compete for the seniors.

That said, I'm not really sure I see the logic in McAtee getting in the U21s ahead of Aaron, Ramsey has been the better player than him this season, and has been the better player for England coming through the age groups, but not only that Middlesbrough are more likely to be in the Play-Ofs than Sheffield United, meaning Ramsey is more likely than McAtee to be not available for U20 World Cup, so would have made more sense to put Ramsey in the U21s and McAtee in the U20s, if it turns out Middlesbrough get second place and Second place and Sheffield United drop into the Play-offs, then swap them around.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, useless said:

Middlesbrough are more likely to be in the Play-Ofs than Sheffield United, meaning Ramsey is more likely than McAtee to be not available for U20 World Cup, so would have made more sense to put Ramsey in the U21s and McAtee in the U20s, if it turns out Middlesbrough get second place and Second place and Sheffield United drop into the Play-offs, then swap them around.

You think the FA apply any logic to anything they do? No chance they'll have thought that eventuality through. 

In terms of Ramsey and McAtee it might not actually be about who is the better player or has been doing better, but more who they want starting for the U20s to give them the best possible chance of winning Word Cup, if they think Ramsey is that player then McAtee can go and be a squad player for the U21s. I think a similar logic probably also applies to Alex Scott, and probably even Chukwuemeka for that matter although he hasn't played much.

On 15/03/2023 at 19:03, TRO said:

Consistency is key, for up and coming players to find......he is young, so it will take some time to find....but I have always liked this boy, I feel he has the necessary football intelligence to make it.

dropped to bench at the weekend, not dropped but more rotated out after a 3 game week. archer stepped up and scored 2. about time he scored again. 

both are young boys and need time to develop. i'm sure both have bright futures. probably at top champo teams minimum. good players, potentially much better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

dropped to bench at the weekend, not dropped but more rotated out after a 3 game week. archer stepped up and scored 2. about time he scored again. 

both are young boys and need time to develop. i'm sure both have bright futures. probably at top champo teams minimum. good players, potentially much better.

Tough crowd. 😃

Starts tonight against Germany, wearing the No.10 shirt, looks like he's playing in a front three with Iling-Junior, and Dane Scarlett. Iroegbunam is on the bench, Alex Scott starts as the DM. Only warm games so can't read too much into who is starting and who isn't, will probably rotate next game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Starts tonight against Germany, wearing the No.10 shirt, looks like he's playing in a front three with Iling-Junior, and Dane Scarlett. Iroegbunam is on the bench, Alex Scott starts as the DM. Only warm games so can't read too much into who is starting and who isn't, will probably rotate next game.

I have looked everywhere for team news and have failed. Help a brother out ? 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Have you seen much of illing junior?

I know he's played a couple of games for the first team but he seems relatively under the radar 

I've never seen Iling-Junior play, but as he's played for Juventus first team in various competitions I'm guessing must be fairly highly rated, at least relative to other players his age. Serie A doesn't end until after U20 World Cup starts, so in theory he might not even be available, but would think that Juventus will release him and allow him to take part.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Winning 1 nil but no idea who scored. Its like North Korea when England play. Nothing from social media 

Edit ..Iling Jr scored . 

Used to be on BBC Red Button but can't find it 

Â