What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

Today this bad boy arrived :clap: After watching the ease with which he made these dishes on the channel 4 show I can't wait to get stuck in. Unlike other books' recipes, there's no rocket surgery involved in this one. Just good simple grub done well.

9781444756692.jpg

It's a good book, and the meals are generally affordable. I've used a few from there, more recently the 'spicy pancakes' on pancake day. 

Do you know the Raymond Blanc "Fruit Defendu" (Forbidden Fruit)?

A lattice of caramel arranged over the back of a ladle to make a half-sphere, placed over a poached peach, on a Kirsch ice with a peach/apricot coulis round it?  Like a little cage, with the fruit inside.  Great presentation, with a play on words.

• Like 1

OK then peeps I am after some help

could anyone provide some recipies suitable to be cooked and eaten by one person, I am finding more and more that when I get home from work I just cant be **** to make anything for dinner because its actually harder to cook for one person than it is for 2 or 3 people (thats what I find anyway) and if I do have dinner it is usually just some frozen meal.

I do cook an awesome curry though.

any tips would be greatly appreciated (the only thing that is a big fat no no is anything with mushrooms in them)

Â