Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I'm not saying I dislike him, I'm saying that's why some people do. A guy I worked with hates him for that very reason, though this old colleague is an utter bellend.

Fair enough and, yes, the description of your former colleague is apposite. :)

Edited by snowychap

This guy is way out of his depth..

All he has is a very quick serve, he struggles with everything else.

I think that's a bit unfair. He's 22 and playing the home favourite in his first semi in a Grandslam. He's not helping himself by moaning, admittedly, but he's got more to his game than an insanely fast and powerful serve. He moves well for a guy of 6'8" and hits some clever shots, not to mention having a really deft dropshot over the net. He hits a lot of shots very powerfully and accurately, often right at the baseline.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Janowicz is sorta playing as Murray did a few years back

Able to take it to the big boys but unable to match it when the big boys step it up a gear... Lendl put some toughness into Murray and gave him that missing edge

Captain obvious time: Andy Murray is really quite spectacularly good at this tennis game when he wants to be, isn't he?

Erm, he did beat Verdasco you know? And Verdasco played a really good game. He's gotten a lot more consistent than he used to be, and he's beaten Djokovic before. Not to mention that game against Del Potro was over 4 and a half hours long. I still tip Djokovic to win, but Murray has every chance.

Edited by Ginko

Erm, he did beat Verdasco you know? And Verdasco played a really good game. He's gotten a lot more consistent than he used to be, and he's beaten Djokovic before. Not to mention that game against Del Potro was over 4 and a half hours long. I still tip Djokovic to win, but Murray has every chance.

Yeah to rule out Murray would be foolish..

Â