Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

One of our head coaches Luke Tisdale has left us to join Man City, not sure what role they're giving him, was Coventry City mens U23 manager before joining us, he and Sam Rose arrived together, both had decent jobs in the mens game at the time, Rose was Head of Academy at Burton, so seemed quite a coup for our Women's team, and of course we did well that season. So that's more change for the summer, as obviously he's going to have to be replaced

Leicester have sacked Willie Kirk, whether that will help us I don't know, of course he hasn't been managing them the last few games anyway whilst suspended

We've won just one home game all season, if we don't win Saturday it will be the fourth season in a row we will have won just once at Bescot in the league

Hopefully we can do as well as possible between now and the end of the season, but feels like we're wating for the summer now, hopefully plans already underway behind the scenes

Leat, Maritz, Corsie, Patten, turner, Nobbs, Dali, Daly, Lehmann, Leon, Salmon

Subs: Poor, Mayling, Gregory, Mullett, Magill, Taylor, Pacheco

I think that could possibly be a 352, or some variation on it, Patten, Turner, and Maritz in defence, Corsie, Nobbs, and Dali in midfield, Lehman, and Leon wide, Salmon and Daly upfront

Or could be a return to 443, with Martiz at right-back and Turner at Left-back, Nobbs, Dali, and Daly contiuing in midfield, with Lehamann, Leon, and Salmon as the front three

Obviously any kind of win would do, but would be nice to have one game this season where we win comfortably, we've had a few where we've dominated, and should have scored more, but not any where we've been comfortable scoreline wise

Good goal from us, then poor goal to give away, Leicester should have scored another not long after, overall we've been the slightly better team without being that good, quite a flat game really. Lehmann really not offering much, has been a shadow of the player she was last season, which is true for a lot of our players, but with her I don't think we've even seen glimpses, would be better off giving Gregory a go, or putting Taylor in midfield and playing Daly further forward

Poor result, performance had some good moments but those more often than not would breakdown by our own doing at the crucial moment, and at other times we really were frustatingly bad, both their goals could have been avoided, for the first we should have cleared the ball beforehand, and then Nobbs gave away a professional foul for the free-kick that lead to their second when there was no need,

That's one win in twelve at home in the league now, and for the fourth season in a row we've only won once in the league at the Bescot

I think it's just a case of waiting for the season to end now, and hoping we've got a good plan for next season

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Poor result, performance had some good moments but those more often than not would breakdown by our own doing at the crucial moment, and at other times we really were frustatingly bad, both their goals could have been avoided, for the first we should have cleared the ball beforehand, and then Nobbs gave away a professional foul for the free-kick that lead to their second when there was no need,

That's one win in twelve at home in the league now, and for the fourth season in a row we've only won once in the league at the Bescot

I think it's just a case of waiting for the season to end now, and hoping we've got a good plan for next season

It feels like we've conceded so many goals like their first that it's getting ridiculous. It's almost like the play in our own half is an afterthought of sorts compared to our (good) attacking play. We've been our own worst enemy so much this season with how we love to give it away like that.

Even the set piece itself for the 2nd goal, although well taken, was very avoidable. Either side of their goal scorer I think you had Maritz just stood there watching the ball while marking nobody, and Patten who gave her runner/the scorer a hefty head start for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

84 caps for her country is a fantastic achievement and she should be rightly proud.

Hopefully a reduced load on her body now will prolong her career with us? Agree with the poster above though, frustrating that she wasn’t used more in the forward positions. 

If she was playing for the top 4 then she'd still be starting England games. 

I don't blame Daly for retiring, if she's hardly going to be used let a younger player have a chance in the squad, and she can go out on a high, and can concentrate on her club football

Corsie made her 150th appearance for Scotland, 61 as captain, 20 goals, big achievement, I suspect she will move on in the summer, but overall has been a very good signing for us

Leon scored two goals against US in the She Believes Cup, but unfortunately for her and Canada they lost the game on penalties

Magill also got a goal for Northern Ireland in their 3-1 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina

I wonder if we would ever consider building a small stadium for the women/academy as Manchester City did for their women/academy teams with 'The Joie Stadium', Chris Heck did say that further work was planned for Bodymoor to specifically help with the academy and women's programs, and the women's team are referenced in all the Atairos announcements, but whether it would even be feasible I don't know. Whatever they've got planned will be interesting to see

Â