Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Tegis

Now that *everybody* has gotten their ticket to the playoff-final, it's time to point, cringe and laugh at our neighbors. And hopefully some solid totty on display.

image.thumb.png.77215007b21f5c35182f90669b565724.png

Ah, the competition that everyone hopes they lose so they don't have the enormous expense of hosting the next one.

Just been to the bookies to put a bet on for my daughter, first bet they'd taken on it

Iceland are fun.

A bunch of people who look like they are in the way back from a Mortal Kombat-themed bondage party, growling and screaming through an anti-capitalist song called Hate Will Prevail. It's definitely different to normal Eurovision fare.

And the guy who's probably going to win it for Sweden this year has done us a solid by writing our song for us. The one he's singing himself is obviously better though.

for Rob

D63a79tWsAAzh0C.jpg

I just hope nobody bulldozes their houses whilst they're at the party showing how cool, modern and european they are.

I like the Maltese and Azerbaijani tunes.

• Like 3

My sister-in-law said she was boycotting it because it is in Isreal.  I almost told her to piss off, it's a night off from taking life seriously, but then thought better of it as nothing good comes from that sort of thing. 

Seems to be too many male artists in that list for my liking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My sister-in-law said she was boycotting it because it is in Isreal.  I almost told her to piss off, it's a night off from taking life seriously, but then thought better of it as nothing good comes from that sort of thing. 

Seems to be too many male artists in that list for my liking.

2hcl0v.jpg

The standing up/sitting down to wipe debate. The honeytrap thread.  Whether cabbage throwing at football for the greater good is justifiable. 

There have been some wonderfully quirky/bizarre discussions held on here.

But every year, without fail, the popularity of the Eurovision Song Contest on VT always leaves me baffled.

Well, each to their own, enjoy it fellas. I may keep an eye on this thread and if one of the acts goes down a storm on here, I may have a quick look.

Â