Steve Gibson (Boro chairman)

MaVilla

Is this guy a desperate tool or something?

He moans left right and centre for someone to investigate villa under FFP.

Now he put forward a motion to the championship teams which if accepted would allow other accountants to review any teams finances ?, it was voted down apparently.

This guy seems like a bit of a bunny boiler version of a chairman, and comes across like a desperado because his own team failed playing pulis ball to get promoted?

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, Zatman said:

Dont see the issue, he is just looking at best interest of his club. 

Sure Villa fans weren't complaining when we asked to Investigate Wolves last season

I thought it was embarrassing considering I was certain we were "cheating" as well.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I thought it was embarrassing considering I was certain we were "cheating" as well.

I trusted Dr X and Pieface Wyness, 2 guys that knew the rules as if they made them up themselves 😂

• Haha 1

Everyone is trying their luck, trying to work out what’s allowed and what isn’t.

You can bet if clubs knew you could have shares in a particular sports agency, a few more would have looked into it, the Leeds bloke basically said as much.

No doubt Gibson will have looked at things today and wondered whether it’s viable to sell Boro’s stadium to themselves or whatever it is that Derby have done.

The whole thing is a shitshow frankly, the better the whole lot is thrown in the bin*, the better in my opinion.

*or reworked and clearly defined and implemented, but if not, see the bin option.

• Like 1

I saw as him making excuses and not much more, they have no money, he doesn't want to spend to the tune that a promotion will cost, makes a song and dance about it being unfair what everyone else is doing 

Needs to go away and have a look at his own club, bin off pulis and get a progressive manager, change their youth set up and start bringing some gems through (for some reason I thought boro built a state of the art facility just before we did) 

Interestingly from what I've seen not many boro fans on Twitter agree with him, their blame seems to lie with pulis, colour me gobsmacked 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I saw as him making excuses and not much more, they have no money, he doesn't want to spend to the tune that a promotion will cost, makes a song and dance about it being unfair what everyone else is doing 

Needs to go away and have a look at his own club, bin off pulis and get a progressive manager, change their youth set up and start bringing some gems through (for some reason I thought boro built a state of the art facility just before we did) 

Interestingly from what I've seen not many boro fans on Twitter agree with him, their blame seems to lie with pulis, colour me gobsmacked 

I like Gibson he is a genuine owner through thick and thin and has pumped a lot of money into Boro. Lets be honest he might have a point

He does though have a terrible blindspot for managers. Robson, McLaren, Southgate, Monk, Strachan, Mowbray i think at one stage and now Pulis

• Like 2

Boro made a loss of £31.9m in the year they went up..

They made a profit of nearly £7m in the Premier League.

They made a loss of £6.4m in their first year back in the Championship.

So up until the start of this season they'd lost over £30m in three years. They'll lose the year with the big losses for the current period of reckoning - but they're not that far away from being in the same trouble as everyone else. 

I would imagine he'll be less keen to raise this in two years time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Boro made a loss of £31.9m in the year they went up..

They made a profit of nearly £7m in the Premier League.

They made a loss of £6.4m in their first year back in the Championship.

So up until the start of this season they'd lost over £30m in three years. They'll lose the year with the big losses for the current period of reckoning - but they're not that far away from being in the same trouble as everyone else. 

I would imagine he'll be less keen to raise this in two years time.

They get a bigger allowance for the PL season. They’ll be fine, miles inside the limits, but if they stay down they’ll eventually be faced with the same issue everyone has of how to go up again, stay within the rules and compete with much richer, just relegated clubs.

Â