Huddersfield Town

Wainy316

Just realised they have 5 points less than we did at this point in our relegation season.

Hopefully we can go from the 3rd worse Premier League side of all time to the 4th.

May be worth noting that we only got 1 more point from the final 12 games though.  Ugh.

25th November was the last time they won a game, 2-0 away against Wolves.

Since then they’ve drawn once and lost twelve and been dumped out of her cup by Bristol. Horrendous.

Over the next six or so weeks they have Newcastle, Wolves, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Palace and Leicester. If they don’t pick up a few draws from that lot, then they’ll probably fall short of our mighty total.

15 hours ago, villa89 said:

They were 6/4 4th favourites to go down at the start of season which I thought was mad. They were always going to struggle badly this season. 

Normally I'd assume the three promoted would be favourites to go down but no way would Wolves be priced anywhere near those odds to go down. Given Fulham spent 100m + they must've been ranked ahead of Huddersfield. Curious who the three teams were if you can remember, Cardiff one for sure.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Normally I'd assume the three promoted would be favourites to go down but no way would Wolves be priced anywhere near those odds to go down. Given Fulham spent 100m + they must've been ranked ahead of Huddersfield. Curious who the three teams were if you can remember, Cardiff one for sure.

Southampton with Hughes I imagine and maybe Brighton, Burnley or Newcastle

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southampton with Hughes I imagine and maybe Brighton, Burnley or Newcastle

Burnley were 7th. Fair enough a dip would be expected from that but from what I saw most pundits pre season predictions were for them to finish top half still so would be surprised if they were rated as more relegation fodder than Huddersfield.

Last season Huddersfield gained majority of points to keep them up before xmas. They ended the season with about 2 wins in 15 games so tough next season when you start to get found out at prem level. Similar to when Hull first came up under Phil Brown.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa89 said:

They were 6/4 4th favourites to go down at the start of season which I thought was mad. They were always going to struggle badly this season. 

On 6th August the top 10 favourites for relegation were

Cardiff 4/6

Huddersfield  11/10

Brighton 7/4

Watford 9/5

Fulham 15/8

Burnley 7/2

Bournemouth 9/2

Newcastle 5/1

Palace 11/2

Southampton and Wolves 7/1

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Those were generous odds on Southampton.

After a good first couple of years they've become the Southampton of the 90s.  Relegation fodder every season but somehow surviving.

The Villa of 2010s :(

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Those were generous odds on Southampton.

After a good first couple of years they've become the Southampton of the 90s.  Relegation fodder every season but somehow surviving.

They sell literally any player they can get a few quid for which can't help. 

On 20/02/2019 at 12:18, Shropshire Lad said:

25th November was the last time they won a game, 2-0 away against Wolves.

Ninety-three days, 13 league defeats, one draw and third round cup elimination since their last win which was against Wolves, Huddersfield win another game...which was against Wolves.

Maybe the symmetry of it will be of some comfort to them.

They just love playing Wolves: 

QksfpNf.jpg

They've taken 44 of the past 54 points available against Wolves going back 20 odd years. It's almost as one sided as Chelsea vs Spurs was pre Pochettino. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They just love playing Wolves: 

QksfpNf.jpg

They've taken 44 of the past 54 points available against Wolves going back 20 odd years. It's almost as one sided as Chelsea vs Spurs was pre Pochettino. 

nothing will ever be as one sided as us vs United :(

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

nothing will ever be as one sided as us vs United :(

I **** hate them. Why ddo we always absolutely implode against them. United would love us back in tne league so they can get those six points each season. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I **** hate them. Why ddo we always absolutely implode against them. United would love us back in tne league so they can get those six points each season. 

Wish we were in the PL these last 2 seasons while Jose was still there. Was our best chance to break the voodoo.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Wish we were in the PL these last 2 seasons while Jose was still there. Was our best chance to break the voodoo.

We probably keep him in a job 😂 think we played them at Moyes lowest point and beat us 3-1 he was sacked week or 2 after 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

We probably keep him in a job 😂 think we played them at Moyes lowest point and beat us 3-1 he was sacked week or 2 after 

To be fair we've got a bit of a habit of getting Jose sacked haven't we? :D 

Â