The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well that’s the last timeI buy the Mail.

Peter Oborne has left, and he was worth reading.  Next to go will be Hitchens, I expect.  Spiralling down to ever lower circles of hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Great clapback. FWIW, Goodall was pretty good at his job at Sky, and I'm optimistic that he will help improve the output of Newsnight by a noticeable amount (at least in terms of analysis, obviously can't rule out producers creating pictures of, I don't know, Keir Starmer in Kim Jong Un's suit as a background or whatever).

• Like 1

It's not explicitly about bias, but it's pretty disappointing that the BBC are cancelling Victoria Derbyshire's programme, since it frequently addressed issues that are completely ignored by the Westminster bubble chat. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not explicitly about bias, but it's pretty disappointing that the BBC are cancelling Victoria Derbyshire's programme, since it frequently addressed issues that are completely ignored by the Westminster bubble chat. 

Ah poor VIc, she deserves better from them after what she went through

• Like 1

Any Answers, on BBC R4.

I’ll set the scene, they’re discussing funding of the NHS, a professor is talking about bed ratios and and how much we spend per capita compared with other similar nations and the cost of other health funding models...

BBC radio host person:’yes, yes thanks I’ve got to stop you there we’ve got lots to get through. We’ve had a tweet from Melonhead 911 and they say...’

I shit you not, stop the professor talking we need to share this tweet from melonhead.

Well, fingers crossed that melonhead tweets something favourable about funding of the BBC.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Any Answers, on BBC R4.

I’ll set the scene, they’re discussing funding of the NHS, a professor is talking about bed ratios and and how much we spend per capita compared with other similar nations and the cost of other health funding models...

BBC radio host person:’yes, yes thanks I’ve got to stop you there we’ve got lots to get through. We’ve had a tweet from Melonhead 911 and they say...’

I shit you not, stop the professor talking we need to share this tweet from melonhead.

Well, fingers crossed that melonhead tweets something favourable about funding of the BBC.

In trying to justify it's worth the BBC try to get the thoughts of the great unwashed at every point. Whether it's vox pops on the news or allowing the morons in the audience talk more than ever on Question Time... It really ruins it. I'd rather hear what 'experts' or at least people who are paid to think about the problem on hand have to say over what some average thoughtless clearing in the woods has to say.

• Like 3

on the news last night reporting the death of kobe they showed a video of LeBron James...they are of course being accused of racism, I think that's giving them too much credit as most of the footage shows "James" written across the back of his jersey, its just good old fashioned utter **** stupidity 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

on the news last night reporting the death of kobe they showed a video of LeBron James...they are of course being accused of racism, I think that's giving them too much credit as most of the footage shows "James" written across the back of his jersey, its just good old fashioned utter **** stupidity 

I think the idea is that the racism is in being unable to tell two clearly different-looking black men apart, but that may not be the issue. Seemingly the way they do this is by entering a search term (eg Kobe Bryant) into a media search engine called Jupiter, and then that provides clips that can be used in a news broadcast. The footage used was from a previous story that was about James beating Bryant's scoring record, so it may be about just not checking the clips rather than being unable to tell black men apart. 

Whichever it is, it's very embarrassing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the idea is that the racism is in being unable to tell two clearly different-looking black men apart, but that may not be the issue. Seemingly the way they do this is by entering a search term (eg Kobe Bryant) into a media search engine called Jupiter, and then that provides clips that can be used in a news broadcast. The footage used was from a previous story that was about James beating Bryant's scoring record, so it may be about just not checking the clips rather than being unable to tell black men apart. 

Whichever it is, it's very embarrassing. 

Yep, I doubt it's actually racism but it's a **** stupid mistake and it doesn't look good. At the very least it shows whoever was editing the footage absolutely phoned it in as it only took a cursory glance to realise it was the wrong person. You don't have to be a basketball fan or even know who Kobe Bryant is to see that clip and realise it's not the right person given it's got "James" written on his back. At least enough to question it.

I doubt if it was two white footballers the same mistake would have happened.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I have a different theory with the Bryantr / James thing.

The last person Bryant sent a text to was James, congratulating him on overtaking him in the all time points rankings.

I suspect the footage was intended for that story and not the one it was sent with

Its just lack of attention rather than anything else

EDIT: Should have read @HanoiVillan's post first doh

Â