Leroy Fer

LondonVillian

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Cardiff almost feels like a dodgy car seller, in need of a car you go in to buy the shiny bmw on sale but then get convinced it's not efficient to buy but as you need a car, it's closing in 5 minutes and they place a none shiny Nissan aventis before your eyes.

You walk out with the Toyota, family disapointed the car looks crap compared to the shiny bmw.

Cardiff / car dealer chuckle to themselves that they lured you in and palmed you off.

Hopefully it will be the case that 5 years later, having had years of reliable service doing the job without all the costs, you can look back and think you got a bargain.

Swansea too.

• Haha 1

Not bringing Fer in is the difference between me thinking we have an outside chance of creeping into POs and thinking that we won't even finish top half.

Fer is a proper player and exactly what we needed - big, strong, fit and authoritative. He is 5x the player Hourihane and Whelan are. 

Another regime, another appalling display of incompetence in the window. 

2 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Not bringing Fer in is the difference between me thinking we have an outside chance of creeping into POs and thinking that we won't even finish top half.

Fer is a proper player and exactly what we needed - big, strong, fit and authoritative. He is 5x the player Hourihane and Whelan are. 

He is so good that he is playing for a team below us without a major impact this season except doing a job on CallumO'Hare in a cup game

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

5x,better than hourihane not sure about that mate. Hourihane scores and creates opportunities. 

Fer is the guy who scores a wonder goal every 30 games and looks okay on highlights packages as a powerful, athletic player. 

He's not great at passing, he's not quick, he has good shot power, but like Huddlestone, doesn't get into good positions to use it.  He's a wayward player and I'm not bothered he's not come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

5x,better than hourihane not sure about that mate. Hourihane scores and creates opportunities. 

But all that is completely offset by how he lets players just walk past him and score time and time again. Hourihane is utter dross. He should play as a Punter in the NFL as that’s all he can do. 

I'm so glad this didn't work out.  He would be the next one in our long line of overpaid, over the hill, Villa "Retirees".

I would much rather see the club spend the wages on someone younger and more promising this summer.

Â