Leroy Fer

LondonVillian

Mixed bag in here. Got the usual moaners but general consensus is this will be a good signing. 

I think a player that knows this league, covers a lot of ground and reads the game well is exactly what we need in that position.

Would love to see him and Mings start on Saturday. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Plenty of good players get relegated. Especially if a decent amount of their other signings are crap. 

Mate the most profound examples of this would be the amount of "shite" players we had which are now all playing at levels above us and excelling.

• Thanks 1

Last big contract so it was a no brainer to come here.

Personally I have always rated him and could be key to how we build up into our attack in addition to his defensive capabilities & mobility.

It appears that him signing is the end of Jedinak, Whelan & Bjarnason for the summer.

• Like 4

Can't say I ever thought too highly of him in the Premier League but for where we are now he'd be a pretty good addition, certainly relative to our squad currently anyway.

Not sure where the notion that he's an obvious fit for the DM position we've been lacking in though? He's a bit of a physical presence but he's never really played there to my knowledge and has mostly been either a centre or attacking midfielder. As we've seen with Hourihane, Smith evidently doesn't mind trying players in different roles so I wouldn't be surprised to see him played there, but I dunno if he's necessarily the player that offers the defensive aspects of that role.

30 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think he'd be useful in the short term, but I'm not sold on him being a long term investment for us. 

I think he’s more with this season mind and for fast improvement. Should hit the ground running.  Yes we could probably find younger players for that position from lower leagues or abroad but they would most likely need time to settle. 

Apparently he's got a special cup he has to drink from before each game, a kind of superstition. 

I also have a cup which is very very similar to his. 

I love drinking from the Fer'y Cup. 

• Haha 2

Â