Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Same as everyone, I'm gutted.

You know those kind of injuries are serious because the player is quite still, but "belly breathe" through the pain.  

One thing this kind of thing can do though, is galvanise the squad.  It was a very poor afternoon, but it was made much worse because of Ty's injury.

He's an enormous personality and leader, someone has to step up to replace him.  It doesn't have to be someone like him, but we need a new guy to step up and take some of the responsibility Ty has made his over the years.

Generally, we seem to have 3 leaders, Ty, Mcginn and Emi M.  We've lost one now and it'll be interesting to see who steps up.

• Like 1

He is my favorite player, having met him a few weeks ago was a highlight of my fan hood. 

This is a “bad thing happening to good people” moment. 

would suggest each of us donate. £5 to Acorns in his name. Who’s with me?

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some real classy mags can be heard there <_<

I really hate football fans sometimes. Certain ones more than others. At least they clapped him off when they saw he was being stretchered off. I shudder to think what would happen at Elland Road

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some real classy mags can be heard there <_<

To be fair, so many players fake injuries these days, fans automatically assume it's an act. To their credit, their fans applauded him off when they realized it was real.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Literally the next tweet. 

Because of twitter’s new arrangement I literally can’t see the next tweet unless it’s posted separately.

Better, second response.

Those mouthing off initially should still be having a quiet word with themselves.

Don’t even care about the result or the game…

This is just so incredibly upsetting…

Ty is a club legend, what a journey we’ve been on with him…

We finally reach Europe, he played a massive part in taking us there…

Did Unai say the injury looked worse than Emi’s?? 😭😭

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Because of twitter’s new arrangement I literally can’t see the next tweet unless it’s posted separately.

Better, second response.

Those mouthing off initially should still be having a quiet word with themselves.

It's been an absolute shitshow since Musk took over tbf.

As for the fans, I don't think ours would've been so different had the situations been reversed and at least they made up for it. No complaints from me. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's been an absolute shitshow since Musk took over tbf.

As for the fans, I don't think ours would've been so different had the situations been reversed and at least they made up for it. No complaints from me. 

And if the situation had been reversed I’d think those Villa supporters should consider their initial response too.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

And if the situation had been reversed I’d think those Villa supporters should consider their initial response too.

The Newcastle fans probably did 🤷‍♂️ - they politely applauded him off after realising the error of their ways, what more do you want? 

• Like 1

WTH… how unlucky can we be? First Emi and now Ty….

It is distressing… but seeing Ty like this is heart wrenching… painful…

We need to fight for them and have a successful season for/dedicated to them…

Both of these incidents must have affected the players badly… even Unai looked visibly “shaken” or affected post match…

The mental/psychological side of the game is often overlooked…

Wish them both full and successful recoveries…

😔 

Â