Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Chambers has done nothing wrong, but don't start, Buendia is the best creative player over couts, but don't start, McGinn poor player, but is now captain, Mings dropped, Traore for me shows more than Bailey, should start, but maybe swapped for bailey later in the game, Ramsey is not a starter, I could go on. Gerrards lack of experience is showing through. If all he has learnt is from the over thinking Beale,(who ain't won a game yet) I think we are in trouble.

Im not happy with Gerrard but shit like this negates your whole post.

4 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Fans don't seem to understand games beyond individual moments.

Mings influence goes beyond the times he's individually involved. He's one of our only leaders, does all the talking and organising, he's the only with any presence. One of those players who makes those around him better.

This this and **** this.

People are swung my a misplaced pass, chewing gum and his cocky air.

The guy is hands down our best defender and has been for years. 

The only vocal leader on the pitch. I didn’t mind the arm band being taken, he’s a big enough man to still be the unofficial organiser.

Leaving him out was a disaster. We saw it last season, when he was out, our defence was shit. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here’s one. Sorry Dem

@DCJonah I’ll find you some more later. There are many. 

This isn’t a defence of Gerrard. I’ve always rated Mings.

It's a ridiculous gotcha. There's nothing at all inconsistent about thinking Mings isn't a top defender, perhaps not quite good enough if we were aiming for Europe, but thinking he shouldn't have been dropped for Konsa this weekend.

You can go through and pull out as many quotes with no context as you like, but it's not proving any sensible point, and it's a bit cheap.

@Demitri_C did you ever think you'd see the day that I had your back? :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes and brought him off at half time if we didn't see anything. Bailey at the moment will always be a impact sub.

Something tells me if Traore has started you’d be posting about clueless Gerrard not starting Bailey.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It's a ridiculous gotcha. There's nothing at all inconsistent about thinking Mings isn't a top defender, perhaps not quite good enough if we were aiming for Europe, but thinking he shouldn't have been dropped for Konsa this weekend.

You can go through and pull out as many quotes with no context as you like, but it's not proving any sensible point, and it's a bit cheap.

Somebody asked me to. I didn’t really want to! There’s loads of people that said he isn’t good enough.

Im not defending Gerrard btw. I just hate hypocrisy. 

All of these things can be true, they are not mutually exclusive:

1) Mings has the occasional mistake in him

2) Mings is currently our best centre back at PL level (maybe this changes when Carlos is up to speed, but that really remains to be seen)

3) Mings is evidently the most natural leader in the team and shouldn't have had the captaincy taken off him, especially not for it to be given to McGinn. If losing the captaincy, he should at the very least had one of the VC or club captain role handed to him 

People making emotive posts on here in the past after Mings has been perceived to make a mistake which has cost us does not also mean that they think he should be dropped entirely, given the other options available to us. It also doesn't negate their right to be annoyed at Gerrard's treatment of a player who has done a lot for the club and acts as a fantastic ambassador and role model 

Gerrard has made a lot of mistakes since he came here, it real feels like this is the one that will set in motion his exit from the club

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Something tells me if Traore has started you’d be posting about clueless Gerrard not starting Bailey.

What has Bailey shown us???

Traore is inconsistent no doubt, but is also a bit of a flair player and can show moments of brilliance. I'm not saying he could play 90 minutes, but Bailey although may improve, can't seem to keep the egg on the spoon at the moment

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Never 😂

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What has Bailey shown us???

Traore is inconsistent no doubt, but is also a bit of a flair player and can show moments of brilliance. I'm not saying he could play 90 minutes, but Bailey although may improve, can't seem to keep the egg on the spoon at the moment

There’s many things to criticise Gerrard about yesterday. Starting Bailey over Traore isn’t one of them. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s many things to criticise Gerrard about yesterday. Starting Bailey over Traore isn’t one of them. 

What is your position on gerrard i seem to be getting mixed messages just so i can understandable where you are with him?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What is your position on gerrard i seem to be getting mixed messages just so i can understandable where you are with him?

I’m concerned but I think we need to give him at least about 10 games of the season before we know where we are with him as manager. 

• Thanks 1

Mings will be desperate to go to the World Cup. If he's not in the starting XI by the end of the month, he'll be out of the club. Can imagine him and Coady at Everton doing a good job. 

If it came to it, I'd rather SG out of the club than Tyrone

9 hours ago, Indigo said:

Not sure if true but I can believe it.

In the league without Mings starting:

18/19 H Bristol W 2-1

18/19 H Norwich L 1-2

19/20 A Sheff Utd L 0-2

19/20 H Soton L 1-3

19/20 H Norwich W 1-0

19/20 A Watford L 0-3

19/20 H Spurs L 2-3

20/21 A Chelsea D 2-2

20/21 A Palace L 2-3

21/22 H Brentford D 1-1

21/22 H West Ham L 1-4 (subbed on at 1-2 down)

21/22 A Brentford L 1-2

22/23 A Bournemouth L 0-2

Doesn't look great, does it

Edited by a-k

Â