Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Grealish being depserate to leave for many years is the fantasy lol, if he was that desperate to leave he could have done so long before he did, he stayed with us in the Championship when he could have moved to one of the better teams in the Premier League, but people trying paint him as a villain, he could have also done the same when we were in a relegation battle but again he still stayed

If it wasn't for Grealish we probably would have lost Ramsey already, probably for a simlar kind of fee as what we will end up paying for Rogers, as we would likely not have been promoted, and Ramsey would have picked

The main difference between Ramsey and Grealish is that Grealish is and was the much better player, and Grealish was older than Ramsey is now, so will have felt he has less time on side in terms of trying to win something in the game before it's too late, Ramsey being younger can afford to give us more years in that sense, also we're doing much better as a team than when Grealish was last here, so Ramsey got more of a chance of winning something with us than Grealish did

But if Ramsey gets to 27 and hasn't won anything with us yet, and we don't look like we're going anywhere fast, and Man City make a massive bid for him, then of course he's likely to leave just like Grealish did, some of our players would leave now if Man City made a big bid, despite how well we're doing

Grealish didn't want to kick up a fuss but if we'd ever accepted a bid he wouldn't have thought twice about leaving.

Newcastle pleading poverty and suddenly then linked to Ramsey...they do realise he'll be in the 70-80m bracket very soon.

That said I've thought for a while he'll be sacrificed eventually by us given our outgoings last summer.

I think if we make CL we'll avoid a key player sale in the summer but reality is it becomes unavoidable in 2025 if we fall back into europa or don't even make europe as Newcastle are indeed finding out now.

The fact one prem team and probably two by late summer will be deducted points means we can't just avoid this either.

• Like 1

Glad to see Jacob looks likely to be hanging around.

Those of you trying to play this all off as journalists making things up are in for a rude shock over the next 12 months. There is a reason there haven't been significant signings this window.

7 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Glad to see Jacob looks likely to be hanging around.

Those of you trying to play this all off as journalists making things up are in for a rude shock over the next 12 months. There is a reason there haven't been significant signings this window.

Surely there is also a reason why there haven't been any significant departures?

It's not like all our rivals have been out smashing their transfer records this window.  What evidence is there to assume that we are in a different / worse situation to anyone else?  Indeed if anything we have more potential to improve our revenue without having to resort to selling players than a lot of the clubs around us who already have suspiciously high sponsorship deals in place or who have budgeted on playing a significant number of matches in the CL and missed out on playing in Europe completely.

More to the point Emery / Monchi have history when it comes to signing (unfancied) players rather than buying the best / most expensive players around.  (Monchi's only question mark is with his spell at Roma where there is considerable debate about whether he signed the players he wanted or was made to sign the players that the owner wanted.)  So it feels like they are better equipped to handle a tighter FFP market than managers / clubs who are used to just pulling out their wallets and playing top dollar for "established" players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Surely there is also a reason why there haven't been any significant departures?

It's not like all our rivals have been out smashing their transfer records this window.  What evidence is there to assume that we are in a different / worse situation to anyone else?  Indeed if anything we have more potential to improve our revenue without having to resort to selling players than a lot of the clubs around us who already have suspiciously high sponsorship deals in place or who have budgeted on playing a significant number of matches in the CL and missed out on playing in Europe completely.

More to the point Emery / Monchi have history when it comes to signing (unfancied) players rather than buying the best / most expensive players around.  (Monchi's only question mark is with his spell at Roma where there is considerable debate about whether he signed the players he wanted or was made to sign the players that the owner wanted.)  So it feels like they are better equipped to handle a tighter FFP market than managers / clubs who are used to just pulling out their wallets and playing top dollar for "established" players.

I wasn't suggested we are in a worse position than anyone else.

We are doing well. But this is the new reality for right now as the next 6 to 12 months shakes out. Clubs are nervous and are being quite cautious.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I wasn't suggested we are in a worse position than anyone else.

We are doing well. But this is the new reality for right now as the next 6 to 12 months shakes out. Clubs are nervous and are being quite cautious.

OK - just read another of your posts on another stream and was already thinking that I may have possibly misread your post! 

It could be a very weird market for the next couple of seasons - especially if one of the "big" guys takes an FFP beating from the authorities.  It presents a risk to us but I also think that it could present a really good opportunity for us.  I do feel like we're in a great position both to tap into additional revenue streams and to gain access to a much wider pool of "achieveable" player targets (Emery and Monchi are names that more people have heard of).

What actual facts or information does anyone actually have to back up the “scaremongering” and expectation that we’re selling key players?

I suspect zero…

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

What actual facts or information does anyone actually have to back up the “scaremongering” and expectation that we’re selling key players?

I suspect zero…

Emery indicated we might have to sell players for FFP in the summer. People are just guessing who that might be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I suspect zero…

Emery said it himself. So did the last remaining relatively trustable journos around. This is not scaremongering - clubs are getting fine and docked points.

Glad Ramsey aint off though. Huge player for us.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ornstein only mentioned Newcastle because it’s a huge game for us coming up. That’s it. These types of stories always try to unsettle players. 

Yeah, Ornstein just wants to unsettle Villa players.

(What? :D)

• Haha 3

Â