Lewis Brunt

sir_gary_cahill

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why emulate Cowans? Is he relayed to him?

Out of interest, and totally off topic, why is he always called Sid?

why?

just about one of the best midfielders we have ever had....I was teasing.

No idea, why he's called Sid....I stood on the Tilton with him once with a group of mates from the Yenton, watching Sundays Losers, when he was a young player.....never thought to ask him.

I think it emanated from BMH

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

why?

just about one of the best midfielders we have ever had....I was teasing.

No idea, why he's called Sid....I stood on the Tilton with him once with a group of mates from the Yenton, watching Sundays Losers, when he was a young player.....never thought to ask him.

I think it emanated from BMH

His middle name is Sidney isn’t it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

His middle name is Sidney isn’t it?

Don't know?...perhaps a good enough reason.

yes...having checked, correct.

He didn't know my middle name either 😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

On a 2 week trial with a view to a season long loan at Carlisle

Aston Villa midfielder Lewis Brunt will join Carlisle United on a season-long loan - provided a two-week training period is a success. 

The teenager linked up with the Cumbrians for training today and is set to play in tomorrow's friendly at Penrith. Brunt, 18, is the player Steven Pressley referred to when speaking earlier in the week about an impending loan signing. Carlisle have tracked Brunt for much of the summer but today revealed the loan deal was not yet complete. They said that, because of Brunt's young age, all parties wanted to ensure the move was "right for the player". If all goes to plan over the next fortnight, the season-long move will be finalised, they said. Blues manager Steven Pressley said:

"We have an excellent and strong relationship with Aston Villa and, because of that, we want to help them to look after their young player in a manner that suits everybody.

“He’s still only 18 and both clubs feel he’s a player with really big potential.

"With that in mind, what everybody wants to make sure of is that this move is right for the player, particularly with the age that he’s at just now.

“Lewis has joined us today with a view to signing a season-long loan in two weeks, if everything goes as planned. That’s the plan, and we expect that’s how it will go, because he’s a very able young person.

“If for some reason over the course of the next two weeks we find that it doesn’t work for either party, then we don’t want to be in a position where we break our relationship with Villa."

Pressley said the two-week period will enable Brunt "to take a good look at us", and that he "fully expected" to be able to develop the midfielder as United had with fellow Villa man Callum O'Hare last season.

"He’s a very exciting player who can use the football well," Pressley added.

"He has everything I look for in a number eight, but we just want to work closely with Villa to do what’s right for a young man who is about to embark on his first loan."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/17767525.carlisle-utd-bring-teenage-aston-villa-midfielder/

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I dont know anything about this lad, but apparently he has gone on loan for the rest of the season to Gloucester City.

Brunt on loan to Gloucester

Gloucester City have signed Lewis Brunt on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old is described as an energetic midfielder and has spent time training with the first team of the Premier League club.

He signed his first professional deal with Villa in November 2018 in a contract keeping him at the club until 2021 and has played for Villa Under-23s in Premier League 2.

I thought this bit interesting :-

Brunt will now have the chance to play first team football in National League North in what is hoped will be the start of a relationship between the two clubs that could see more players move to Gloucester in future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

They signed Viktor Johansson, Mitch Clark, and now Lewis Brunt after we released them, Johansson has since signed for Rotherham, and Clark is now with Accrington Stanley. They also had Brad Burton and Harry McKirdy on trial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â