Podcasts

The_Rev

• 4 months later...
World Soccer Daily (the #1 podcast in the world, according to podcast.com.

They get a lot of good guests but the hosts are so annoying. Normally they put that day's guests on the description so I can decide if I want to download it or not. It's usually pretty good if they get Tim Vickery, Graham Poll, Martin Tyler, Robbie Earle etc. They had Jimmy Bullard the other day.

I listen to the Official Lost podcast,10th Wonders(Heroes fan podcast) and several different NPR ones.(I like Fresh Air and the Movies one)

I've started subscribing to Guardian Football Weekly since I last posted in this thread, and I find it to be rather good.

Will check out a couple of the ones suggested by you good people. Stephen Fry's should be good, I like Stephen Fry a lot.

They get a lot of good guests but the hosts are so annoying. Normally they put that day's guests on the description so I can decide if I want to download it or not. It's usually pretty good if they get Tim Vickery, Graham Poll, Martin Tyler, Robbie Earle etc. They had Jimmy Bullard the other day.

I don't listen to WSD as much now... I don't podcast it, so I pretty much only listen when I'm not working at that hour of the day.

It was a lot better in the days when it was Nick and Steven... even though Geber was so obviously a plastic scouser, he was far more consistently funny than Steven (and Steven has gotten a lot less frivolous over the years... though when he gets into wind up the Liverpool fans mode, it's still awesome to behold). Howard Rogers was OK, as is Kenny. Back in '07 or so, it was must-listen radio.

It's still a better show, even without the guests, than Cohen's Fox Football Fone-in... I just don't like Nick Webster, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Ireland's RTE Radio 1,

Whistleblowers: Alan Torney talks to prominent whistleblowers - people who betrayed a trust for the greater good.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/whistleblowers/

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_whistleblowers.xml

Each show is a half hour interview

Some of people interviewed are:

Frank Serpico, New York police officer who exposed corruption in NYPD

David Kaczynski, brother of the Unabomber

Jeffrey Wigand, American tobacco whistleblower (he was played by Russel Crowe in 'The Insider')

There are also some Irish ones that probably would not be of great interest to international listeners, but the ones listed above a worth a listen if you like good interviews.

Collings and Herrin is pretty good. It can be laugh out loud funny, which might be a problem if you listen to them on an iPod in public.

I feel I should thank you for this tip. Been subscribing for a while now and downladed quite a few older ones as well, and I think it's brilliant. As you say, can be laugh out loud funny and I can confirm it can be a problem particularily when listening while using public transportation.

Collings and Herrin is pretty good. It can be laugh out loud funny, which might be a problem if you listen to them on an iPod in public.

I feel I should thank you for this tip. Been subscribing for a while now and downladed quite a few older ones as well, and I think it's brilliant. As you say, can be laugh out loud funny and I can confirm it can be a problem particularily when listening while using public transportation.

Seconded - it's a cracker innit?

• 3 weeks later...

Been listening to the 1up podcast recently (listen UP). It's long, sometimes over 2 and a half hours, and they do slip into nerd language from time to time (phrases like "****-ton") but it's genuinely entertaining and they really get deep into the games and the industry issues. For example, the one I listened to yesterday there was a long conversation about the percieved (by some) racial overtones of Resi 5 which really got me thinking.

You don't even have to be a hardcore gamer to enjoy it. Top stuff Rev.

t's long, sometimes over 2 and a half hours, and they do slip into nerd language from time to time (phrases like "****-ton")

If you are listening to 150 minute long podcasts on videogames on a weekly basis, you are a nerd too. Embrace it. :D

You should definitely check the out of the game podcast, which is a bunch of ex 1up-staffers who have moved into game development over the last year or so. Its more of a media focused show (movies, tv, music, games) than a dedicated gaming one, but the regular cast is of such a high quality it never fails to entertain. Its basically a reprise of the old GFW show which closed last year and just contains a ****-ton of stupid anecdotes and crazy theories. It should be up on iTunes now, its a fortnightly show, and as it is only two episodes old at the moment it should be really easy to catch up. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Check the Bombcast if you still dont have enough Gaming podcasts to fill your commuting time. Another one that is genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Im glad someone bumped this actually. This weeks Collings & Herrin had me in fits of laughter during a 15 minute bit at the start where they were talking about the Brummie bloke who got a blowjob from a random stranger (who happens to be a relation to the Guinness family) on an airplane while his girlfriend (who happens to be a model) was asleep in the seat next to him. What a don!

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Herring wants people to subscribe to the podcast.

He said that if enough people subscribe for them to get to number one in the charts then he will bum Andrew Collins on air, even if it means raping him. If he goes to prison for anally raping another man then its a price worth paying.

www.loftcast.com to subscribe. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Something that started as an odd tangent on the Collings & Herrin podcast is now the #1 trending topic on Twitter.

There can only be 10-15,000 people in the world who have any idea what the **** the VirgilioAnderson joke is (and I dont think Virgilio Anderson is one of them!) but it is making me smile no end. Who is Virgilio Anderson?

Â