Podcasts

The_Rev

twofootedtackle

Footy fun once a week (once the season starts). Definitely has a pro-Villa bias - wonder why.

Just dug up this thread as I need some new podcasts, gave this a try and I'm deffo a fan :thumb:

Sweet. Bit geeky, no?

In a good way, though you lost me when discussing the unibond league. Need to brush up a bit there.

twofootedtackle

Footy fun once a week (once the season starts). Definitely has a pro-Villa bias - wonder why.

Just dug up this thread as I need some new podcasts, gave this a try and I'm deffo a fan :thumb:

Sweet. Bit geeky, no?

In a good way, though you lost me when discussing the unibond league. Need to brush up a bit there.

How dare you?! It was the Ryman League!

Russia this week. At this moment, I know nothing. This will be exposed.

I now despise Guardian Footy Weekly. Beyond the top 4 they could not give a shit about anyone - Richardson - who I liked on Footbal Italia many moons ago comes across as incredibly ignorant and uncaring.

But I do like the science and philosophy bites pocasts they have on it now

I now despise Guardian Footy Weekly. Beyond the top 4 they could not give a shit about anyone.

That's not true. They talk about Barcelona and Real Madrid every week too. :lol:

I really like listening to the Ricky Gervais etc stuff, it does make me laugh at times. Although not as much as I used to as it annoys me that Karl Pilkington has made a couple of mil using the money he made from the podcasts in real estate.. he's only in that position due to Gervais' quick-thinking and generosity.. and can't even be arsed doing the podcasts anymore.

I'm a proud new owner of an iPod nano. I've yet to get into podcasts but I would like to find a good soccer one.

Do you pay for podcasts? Do you have to have an iTunes account? Does an iTunes account cost anything if you don't buy songs?

I'm a proud new owner of an iPod nano. I've yet to get into podcasts but I would like to find a good soccer one.

Do you pay for podcasts? Do you have to have an iTunes account? Does an iTunes account cost anything if you don't buy songs?

twofootedtackle iTunes link

We cover everything from top to bottom, east to west. We also do a Major League Soccer spot every week during the season.

[/plug]

It's down to personal taste - the two most popular seem to be the Times and Guardian ones. With the Times one you have to put up with the oft sneering Marcotti and with the Guardian you have to accept it's very populist and therefore focusses on either the big 4 in England or the top teams in Spain/Italy. Sure there are plenty others out there though.

Do you pay for podcasts?

Generally not although iTunes does put some podcasts into the audiobook category at which point you're going to have to pay (See Gervais podcasts).

Do you have to have an iTunes account?
If you're d/l'ing from iTunes, yes although there are myriad other ways to fill up your podcast catalogue (torrents/fileshares/go to source).

Does an iTunes account cost anything if you don't buy songs?
Nope - you pay for what you d/l

I went on a massive podcast subscribing session yesterday. I am now signed up to:

- Autonomic

- Black Sun Empire

- Brainfeeder

- Collings & Herrin (just now, thanks to VT)

- Critical Records

- DnB show on URN (my own)

- D&B Arena

- The Economist: The Week Ahead

- sPaces

- Metalheadz

- GRAM Agency

- Hospital Records

- Juno Drum & Bass

- Juno Dubstep

- Lifted Music Show

- Ninja Tunes

- Guardian Politics Weekly

- Radio 1 Mini Mix

- Reprise Agency

- Resident Advisor

- Rinse FM

- Shogun Audio

- Solid Steel

I signed up to all but about 5 of those yesterday, so I can't give too much feedback just yet!

Football Weekly is the best one out there by a mile.

That Pilkington chap is kind of the nauses

He's a genius who just happens to be living in the wrong time 8)

No, he's an act. A very obvious, very simple and very tiresome act.

:?

Man from Isle of Man confused by 'living in wrong time' reference as not aimed at him? :D

That Pilkington chap is kind of the nauses

He's a genius who just happens to be living in the wrong time 8)

No, he's an act. A very obvious, very simple and very tiresome act.

:?

Man from Isle of Man confused by 'living in wrong time' reference as not aimed at him? :D

:crylaugh: Twas the 'act' bit I was puzzled about!

I do have trouble crossing the road over here though :winkold:

Â