Podcasts

The_Rev

Got to be honest, @Chindie, that was a lot of watching some neckbeards carry pints around for very little payoff.

No Idea GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Personally if I were leaking a launch of something that some people presumably give a shit about, I'd probably edit out the first 2 minutes of technical difficulties and people ambling around while nothing goes on, but I'm no PR guru.

Edited by Davkaus

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Got to be honest, @Chindie, that was a lot of watching some neckbeards carry pints around for very little payoff.

No Idea GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Personally if I were leaking a launch of something that some people presumably give a shit about, I'd probably edit out the first 2 minutes of technical difficulties and people ambling around while nothing goes on, but I'm no PR guru.

TCGS is a small gaming podcast. I've followed them for a decade across TCGS, a hiatus, and a (brilliant) podcast called Joypod.

During the hiatus 2 of the hosts did a... spin off... called Dark Calls. The format was simple, one guy calling his mate for help with the notoriously hard and obtuse game Dark Souls, and his mate not being the best guide as he had only played the game once and didn't know it very well. It was great.

A few years later they did another spin off series, where the 2 guys did a journey through one of them watching Star Wars for the first time. It was great.

After that they had never ending calls for doing another '____ Calls' podcast, and they kept playing it down.

Today they had an event (which started as a bit of a joke when they found out a Laser Quest venue was using a terrible jingle they made as music, but spiralled into them doing a live show and meet up at the Laser Quest) and announced they're finally doing the next Calls series, on the Marvel films. Which is awesome.

The 'leak' is basically a joke. A friend of the pod/guest host is there and has posted the video the way someone would do a leak of a major event or something.

But it's cool they are doing a new series of a beloved spin off show, and exactly on the subject I'd hoped they would.

• 2 months later...

Adnan Syed, the man convicted of murdering his ex whose story inspired the worldwide phenomenon Serial, which brought podcasts to the fore, has been released. He's not been found innocent, but a judge has found his conviction to be unsafe and therefore released him pending a further trial. He's been in prison for 22 years, last year it was revealed there's 2 other suspects, one who had threatened to kill her and another who had her car behind his house.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 22:05, Chindie said:

Adnan Syed, the man convicted of murdering his ex whose story inspired the worldwide phenomenon Serial, which brought podcasts to the fore, has been released. He's not been found innocent, but a judge has found his conviction to be unsafe and therefore released him pending a further trial. He's been in prison for 22 years, last year it was revealed there's 2 other suspects, one who had threatened to kill her and another who had her car behind his house.

Listened to the bonus episode they put out.

Can't imagine how frustrating it must be for him (if he is innocent) to have the case thrown out because it was "unsafe" but for it to have taken 23 years to happen. Nothing has changed in that time, it's just taken that long for someone competent on the other side to look at it.

The podcast suggested there's very very little chance he'll ever face another trial so sounds like he could be out for good

• 3 months later...
Â