Hogwarts Legacy

Chindie

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Finally finished the main story today.  Gotta say the last few missions were one hell of a slog.  And the exclusive PS mission is just pure s###.  I actually envied the Xbox players for not having to play that one.

Enjoyed the latter missions but completely and utterly agree re. That **** haunted shop quest.

I kept reading about how unfair it was that it was a PS exclusive as it was so good and then when I played it I found it to be the most annoying part of a game since Micolosh in Bloodborne reared his caged head.

• Like 1

Ive finished the main story and not sure if i can be bothered with it anymore. Ive gotta go up another ten levels for the house cup mission. 

Wished i brought a physical copy now instead of the digital edition 

I tapped out of getting the Platinum after I read what was needed for the Hogwarts Revelio Pages.

I like Trophy Hunting but I always draw the line when I think something is a piss take and not enjoyable.

Still a cracking game overall though.

25 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I tapped out of getting the Platinum after I read what was needed for the Hogwarts Revelio Pages.

I like Trophy Hunting but I always draw the line when I think something is a piss take and not enjoyable.

Still a cracking game overall though.

I actually went for all the achievements and completed everything, only to find there was a bug which stopped me getting one collectible. The last chest contained nothing and no matter what I did there was no way around it. 

Luckily I played it on the PC so I got the last trophy through someone else's save game, but imagine doing all that and you didn't get it at the end! I had 75 hours clocked on the game when I was done. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

For those that have played a lot of this, what games does it play most like?

Witcher 3

Assassins Creed Origins

Dragon Age Inquisition

Elden Ring

BOTW

They were the ones that had elements that sprang to mind during my playthrough.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just got the platinum.

I enjoyed hunting down all the collectibles, but having to start new saves for each house was a ball ache. It took 4-5 hours to get those final 3 trophies.

Loved the game though. JK is a nob, but really enjoyed this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I started a new save over Xmas after shelving it on release for another game I forgot the name of. 1 or 2 main missions left, level 35 (done loads of side quests and free roaming!)

It really is a great game in a fantastic universe. I'll carry on playing after the final mission collecting things and finishing some side quests up. Might even start a Slytherin run and just be a dick to everyone. Channel my inner Malfoy.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 28/05/2024 at 10:01, ender4 said:

Started playing this game last week. It's bloody brilliant so far. Really captures the feeling of the Harry Potter world. 

Yes! I'm gonna get back into it soon. What house?

Just now, ender4 said:

I chose Ravenclaw. 

Slytherin for me 🤣 it's such a lovely game, I hope they expand more for the sequel and give more options for combat and perhaps places to visit and see.

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Slytherin for me 🤣 it's such a lovely game, I hope they expand more for the sequel and give more options for combat and perhaps places to visit and see.

Is there going to be a sequel? Or just hoping for one?

Ive just finished the first trial out of four.  Feels like maybe halfway through the game?

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ive just finished the first trial out of four.  Feels like maybe halfway through the game?

There are rumours and I think it will happen as the game has been such a hit. As for the trial, my time in the game was skewed by messing about and also double small tasks, but I think that's about right from memories. Honestly makes me want start all over again.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

There will probably be a sequel, but the only time a new Hogwarts has been mentioned recently is at a WB Games investor call where the CEO talked about creating more live service online games. 

"Rather than just launching a one-and-done console game, how do we develop a game around, for example, Hogwarts Legacy and Harry Potter, that is a live-service where people can live and work and build and play in that world on an ongoing basis?"

That was the quote, so it's unknown if WB Games CEO, JB Perrette, was just picking examples at random, or if there is a Hogwarts 2 in the works as a live service online game is yet to be seen. AAA games take like 4-7 years to make these days, so we'll likely find out in 2027/28 at the earliest. 

Â