Euro 2024 - Germany

Wainy316

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, villan95 said:

26 man squads to be allowed again

Southgate wont be happy, will need think of another excuse not to bring Ollie and Konsa

Maybe too tired from playing in Europe. Sounds good

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southgate wont be happy, will need think of another excuse not to bring Ollie and Konsa

He just won't pick them. He'll call up Stones, Maguire, Dunk, Gomez, and Guehi ahead of Konsa. Toney and Rashford will go before Ollie. He has his favourites no matter form or squad status.

• Like 1

My 26 would probably be:

Pickford, Ramsdale, Henderson

Walker, Trippier, Konsa, Stones, Maguire, Dier, Chilwell, Shaw/Gomez

Rice, Arnold, Mainoo, Gallagher, Bellingham

Foden, Saka, Palmer, Maddison, Grealish, Bowen, Gordon

Kane, Watkins, Toney

Piece of piss

Edited by villan95

4 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

He just won't pick them. He'll call up Stones, Maguire, Dunk, Gomez, and Guehi ahead of Konsa. Toney and Rashford will go before Ollie. He has his favourites no matter form or squad status.

Nah I think they'll both go. He absolutely cannot ignore Ollie and will get pelters for not taking statistically the second best striker in Europe (after Kane) and Konsa impressed in the friendlies last month and looks every bit an international player. Dunk was awful and error prone and I think even Southgate has cottoned on that he's not good enough. 

Solanke should go as the third striker over Toney, whether he will or not I don't know but Toney has been missing from Brentford squads recently and that will definitely harm his chances. 

The only one I agree he might take is Rashford but it would be a huge error if he did in my opinion. Gordon and Grealish for that left side along with Foden, although Grealish could be replaced by Eze who is in better form. 

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

My 26 would probably be:

Pickford, Ramsdale, Henderson

Walker, Trippier, Konsa, Stones, Maguire, Dier, Chilwell, Shaw/Gomez

Rice, Arnold, Mainoo, Gallagher, Bellingham

Foden, Saka, Palmer, Maddison, Grealish, Bowen, Gordon

Kane, Watkins, Toney

Piece of piss

Henderson and Rashford will go

Toney and Bowen will miss out

Bowen is the one that quietly should have the most noise made over him potentially missing out, he's had a better season than maddison, Gordon, Grealish and Rashford, it's not like Ollie where it's a straight shoot out between 2 players and it'll come down to role and style, Bowen will miss out to 4 players he's been better than 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bowen is the one that quietly should have the most noise made over him potentially missing out, he's had a better season than maddison, Gordon, Grealish and Rashford, it's not like Ollie where it's a straight shoot out between 2 players and it'll come down to role and style, Bowen will miss out to 4 players he's been better than 

Ollie has been better than every English striker this season other than Kane. The only thing you can throw at him is he doesn't play as well for England as he does Villa (e.g. Brazil friendly) but he deserves to go. 

I agree that Bowen should be on the plane, though he's not really competing with those players as he's a right winger, he's competing with Saka and Palmer who have also had outstanding seasons. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think there is a chance Maddison and Grealish don't go. It's not like Southgate has been a huge fan of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

I think there is a chance Maddison and Grealish don't go. It's not like Southgate has been a huge fan of them.

I dont even think Maddison deserves to go. Spurs fans think he has been poor since came back from injury

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Watkins is an absolute certainty to go, konsa there might be some doubt but not much. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Watkins is an absolute certainty to go, konsa there might be some doubt but not much. 

Not now with 26

With 23 Dier instead of Konsa was happening, now I think both will go 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not now with 26

With 23 Dier instead of Konsa was happening, now I think both will go 

There's a chance he picks Gomez over Konsa though

• Haha 1

Just now, villan95 said:

There's a chance he picks Gomez over Konsa though

Maybe, more likely Gomez goes as the back up left back at the moment 

He's another one who shouldn't be going based on the friendlies, he's was poor 

• Like 1

Konsa and Watkins are a 100% going now. 

Think they were anyway but Southgate has no excuse now. 

Gurantee he'll take Toney over Solanke aswell which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

Edited by KAZZAM

I couldn't give any less of a 💩 for so many reasons.

Southgate being a large part of the 💩

I used to love international football as a kid. Linekar, Beardsley, Waddle, Hoddle, Gascoigne etc.

Maybe one for the games gone thread, but, if Southgate managed to fluke a tournament, I am sure I would have enjoyed Emi winning the world cup more for Argentina in 2022. 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 22:33, KAZZAM said:

Konsa and Watkins are a 100% going now. 

Think they were anyway but Southgate has no excuse now. 

Gurantee he'll take Toney over Solanke aswell which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

The only way I would take Toney is if he was made to bet £1m of his own money to score a goal in every game he plays. 

Â