Euro 2024 - Germany

Wainy316

13 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Multiple media reports that UK fans have missed out on vast numbers of ticket applications and blame touts' bots for screwing the process.  Tickets to matches my group applied for are already available on touts' websites for 10x face value. 😡

According to some in Germany, that UEFA actually did the opposite. So people who were applying for just one game had a better chance than people who applied for all games as they were suspected tout bots

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

According to some in Germany, that UEFA actually did the opposite. So people who were applying for just one game had a better chance than people who applied for all games as they were suspected tout bots

Maybe. We only applied for two matches x maximum 4 tickets each. And UEFA offered a group ID for fans hoping to be seated together. Both anti-tout measures.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Certainly is, they asked to join after a few years playing in Asia. 

Ridiculous. Astana is on a similar latitude to Mumbai. Why would UEFA allow that? All it really means for other UEFA teams is an absurdly long flight.

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey being in UEFA either. If you're on the Asian continent, you should play in the Asian federation....(I know most of Russia is in Asia as well, but Moscow is European, as well as most of their other footballing cities.)

If I were a Kazakh, I'd want to play in the federation that offered an easier path to the World Cup. 

On 16/11/2023 at 11:36, villa4europe said:

Was a cracking game, Albanians were mental, Romanians were violently unhappy with their team, stadium was stunning 

Albania qualified last night, 2nd ever tournament 

How do I explain them... I think they have a decent number living in France but based on work there's a lot of labourers at my place from the same region (obviously that regions then hard to split) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair few locals who get behind them

They were everywhere pre game in lyon, loads of cars whizzing round the place with 3 passengers hanging out the window shouting and cheering, at least 1 with the driver too... In the stadium I was sat in the middle of them, more flares than a 70s disco, they all wore little white cap things somewhere in between a Jewish cap and a fez, guy sat behind me gave me his, their fans behind the goal didn't sit in their seats they all congregated at the entrance to the concourse, a few hundred of them stood there thr whole game it was a bit weird, bearing in mind I'm in the upper tier of a 60k seater stadium I saw a guy stand on the metal handrail until security dragged him off... They won and it went off

Brilliant day with their fans 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Ridiculous. Astana is on a similar latitude to Mumbai. Why would UEFA allow that? All it really means for other UEFA teams is an absurdly long flight.

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey being in UEFA either. If you're on the Asian continent, you should play in the Asian federation....(I know most of Russia is in Asia as well, but Moscow is European, as well as most of their other footballing cities.)

If I were a Kazakh, I'd want to play in the federation that offered an easier path to the World Cup. 

15% of Kazakhstan is considered Europe. They left Asia for better opponents

Now they are 90 minutes from qualifying

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Always nice to see new countries qualify. Moldova, Montenegro and Kazakhstan have a chance in the final round and will be a boost to UEFA for starting the Nations League as this was the goal

Nothing to do with expanding the tournament and making it easier to qualify :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nothing to do with expanding the tournament and making it easier to qualify :ph34r:

Not really as these teams have a chamce to finish in the top 2 which most times guaranteed qualification or a play off before

If that was the case Ireland, Sweden, Poland, Italy/Ukraine, Finland, Croatia/Wales and Norway would have qualified 

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Went to a couple games at the 92 Euro's in Sweden. Was 8 teams back then...

I watched a Euro '92 game with some Swedes when I was in Greece. They kept chanting "We are yellow, we are blue, we are Sweden- **** YOU!"

😁

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I thought they play in Oceania?

No they're in the AFC

To be fair to them I think that's actually WC related, the Oceania team has to play the play off vs a SA team whereas Asia has has the 3 or 4 places which despite the harder teams in qualifying means they have a better chance 

Â