Euro 2024 - Germany

Wainy316

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I couldn't give any less of a 💩 for so many reasons.

Southgate being a large part of the 💩

I used to love international football as a kid. Linekar, Beardsley, Waddle, Hoddle, Gascoigne etc.

Maybe one for the games gone thread, but, if Southgate managed to fluke a tournament, I am sure I would have enjoyed Emi winning the world cup more for Argentina in 2022. 

i want to agree.....but when that sunshine beer and bbq kicks in i'll still have that tournament buzz

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i want to agree.....but when that sunshine beer and bbq kicks in i'll still have that tournament buzz

I sort of did in 2021 (Euro 2020) when we got to the final - it was a sort of hollow version of '96.

But I just can't imagine it this summer. Hopefully I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I sort of did in 2021 (Euro 2020) when we got to the final - it was a sort of hollow version of '96.

But I just can't imagine it this summer. Hopefully I'm wrong.

2021 was awesome for me personally, felt like the cob webs of corona were finally shook off, i walked in to town in shorts and tshirt, sat outside a pub in front of a big screen tv with a lot of other people and got absolutely **** smashed for the first time in about 18 months

i enjoyed it that much i did it several times 

• Haha 2

The one thing that 21 and 18 had going for them was that after the years of Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, etc, the England team suddenly seemed somewhat likeable, for a good 10-15 years I thought they were a bunch of words removed pretty much to a man.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 21:47, villan95 said:

There's a chance he picks Gomez over Konsa though

Gomez played about four games for Liverpool (after endless years of injuries), got injured again and has since been warming the bench again so that would be a nonsense pick.

Think it will just be the same as last few tournaments. Three RBs and Trippier will just cover the LB spot (and possibly have to play there). England same as all other tournaments, some great attackers but feels like one injury to Rice and it will all fall apart. Also left hand side pretty weak with Maguire and probably going to have to gamble on Shaw when he's barely played second half of the season, can't see him lasting a full tournament and Chilwell was abysmal in the March games.

I'm actually disappointed it's gone up to 26 as was looking forward to Southgate actually having to make some tough calls but now he'll have the space to call up all his old mates. I don't really understand why it hasn't gone down to 23 as you can still name them all on the bench and have 5-6 sub option so that's enough to rotate and keep people fresh surely?

• Like 2

Â