Loan watch 2018/19

BOF

On 19/02/2019 at 21:01, Zatman said:

Hepburn Murphy has been dropped from starting line up for Cambridge but Doyle Hayes starts but 0-2 at moment

Cause he is shite and hugely overrated.

Another Stefan Moore imo. Years of hype but a massive disspointment when it comes to the big stage.

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So you have for Villa then? At what level?

Couple of years back when we where in the PL he featured (around the Benteke years).

And a couple of cameos since.

So for me, I feel he is going backwards. A few years ago featuring for us at PL level, yet barely featured at this level and now loaned out to a team two levels lower?  

Writing is on the wall imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Couple of years back when we where in the PL he featured (around the Benteke years).

So for me, I feel he is going backwards. A few years ago featuring for us at PL level, yet barely featured at this level and now loaned out to a team two levels lower?  

I think he’ll surprise you and many others on here and be a starter for us next season

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’ll surprise you and many others on here and be a starter for us next season

I think that is highly unlikely.

If he was anything decent, he would still be here now. I don't think he will feature much with us mate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So you watched him when he was 16 years old (he replaced Benteke when we beat Sunderland 4-0) and you are now writing him off?

He's been putting in some good performances for Cambridge and scored his first goal at the weekend. He's only 20 years old and has loads of time yet, he needs to bulk up and gain a bit of strength as Grealish did but there is a very good player in there.

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So you watched him when he was 16 years old (he replaced Benteke when we beat Sunderland 4-0) and you are now writing him off?

He's been putting in some good performances for Cambridge and scored his first goal at the weekend. He's only 20 years old and has loads of time yet, he needs to bulk up and gain a bit of strength as Grealish did but there is a very good player in there.

See I agree with your second part in bold to a degree and thought this myself but imo I just feel It won't happen.

But as always I hope for him he does make it and prove me wrong, sadly I just don't see it.

Next season he will be in his final year of his contract so it will be make or break for him I guess.

It is a shame as he did look promising at one stage.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Sadly I agree with Rigo, he is only 20 but by now you would hope he would of made some football news of some sort and not his debut league goal at the age of 20. Comparisons Abraham is only 21 and on 21 goals, to rewind further at the age of 19 hit 23 goals for Bristol City. I hope he isn't leading the line for us next season as he needs another season loan elsewhere to see how he does over an entire season. 

Not ruling him out yet, but the candle of hope is flickering.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think that is highly unlikely.

If he was anything decent, he would still be here now. I don't think he will feature much with us mate.

I think he’s very highly rated at Villa, for such a young man, he’s been around for a long time. He hasn’t progressed as much as hoped due to injuries, he made his debut for us 4 years ago. I think he can still make it here, he’s good enough, no doubt, he’s beginning to show it now at Cambridge

Summary from Tuesday night - Scott Hogan's struggles continue

Bree (Ipswich Town)

Away at Bristol City (1-1) - Unused substitute.

Clark (Port Vale)

Home to Yeovil (3-0) - Played 90 minutes. Booked.

Doyle-Hayes (Cambridge United)

Home to Crewe (0-0) - Unused substitute.

Hepburn-Murphy (Cambridge United)

Home to Crewe (0-0) - Came on after 59 minutes.

Hogan (Sheffield United)

Home to Brentford (2-0) - Substituted at half time. 6.22 whoscored.com rating.

McKirdy (Newport County)

Away at Northampton (1-0) - Came on after 90 minutes.

O'Hare, Callum (Carlisle United)

Home to Notts County (1-3) - Played 90 minutes.

Taylor, Corey (Walsall)

Home to Portsmouth (2-3) - Came on after 70 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Â