UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Oh and I almost forgot, Gerald Harris with at fantastic good all fashioned slam. Welcome to the forever youtube highlights Mr Harris.

And good on him to hold back on the punches after seeing Branch out and the ref a bit slow.

Wow that's nasty, point of elbow crushing windpipe. :shock:

Agreed, UFC 116 was a great card. For once we had the replay the day after here in Thailand, normally it takes a few months- couldn't believe my luck.

Leben fight was great, those two fellas were out on their feet, amazing they could continue so long. Bonnar was his usual self, big win after a few losses on the trot.

Felt a bit sorry for Carwin, perhaps with hindsight he could have let Brock back up to his feet and re-engage in stand-up rather than gassing himself out on the ground. He was oh-so-near though. The way he has been performing, I think he will be back for another title shot soon anyway. It's certainly an interesting heavyweight division at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the latest Strikeforce card.

Randy! Watch what happens when a grappler ignores (again) grappling and tries to stand with arguably the best Boxer in MMA.

2l9084p.gif

15nsxeb.gif

wrjszn.gif

2dqsg2.gif

2k4lj7.gif

34t8l.gif

TAKE . TONEY . DOWN . AND . FAST

TAKE . TONEY . DOWN . AND . FAST

And he did, Toney predictably had no defense for the groundgame. Easy win for Couture. If Toney continues I hope he gets a striker and gest to showcase a little boxing. Todd Duffee maybe.

And Edgar, showing last win was no fluke. Total domination over Penn. Holding on to Edgar must be like trying to control a fan-blade. Wicked fast!

edgarpenn3.gif

Maynard tooling Florian and will get Edgar next. Will he beat Edgar again? I think so.

Lowpoint of the night was Lentz win over Winner. a 15 minute hug, the downside of the rules favoring the take-down/wrestler

You have to respect Edgar, but I'm not over the moon that he's champion. I prefer a champion that finishes his opponents. Great fight though and he has showed that he deserves it.

Loved the Toney fight, although I was a little embarrassed for him when he was being beat up on the floor. I can't believe that after the fight he said 'I think my ground game is alright'. WTF.

I think Dana should offer David Haye a blank cheque to fight in the UFC. That would showcase boxing vs MMA.

Haye is a massive MMA fan though. His dad was a Karate instructor and he reckons he does a fair bit of grappling. He's also repeatedly talked about entering MMA in his early 30s. I'd more than welcome the Klits to try their hands at it as well though, maybe a fight with Overeem or Badr Hari?

By the look of that first gif tegis, the fight was over after 15 seconds. . Dana really wasn't kind to him matching him up with should a good all rounder. I'm really not sure what Toney was thinking though, did he ever genuinely ever think that he had a chance? Crazy.

Â