UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Dan Hardy showed alot of heart last night. Very very proud of him. Think he will either face Thiago Alves or Paulo Thiago next, they would both be good match ups.

Gutted for Mir, really wanted to see Mir Lesnar 3. Although Carwin Lesnar will be pretty good!

No-show by Mir. Was he watching the gentleman in the stands and forgot the meat-mountain in front of him? Disappointing but all credit to Carwin for taking the advantage. Wrestling bonanza for the belt now.

Hardy has guts no denying that. Hopefully he'll take out some of the AKA boys after this. GSP is from another planet. Unless he trips and knocks himself out on the floor he'll stay champ for quite a while. Unless he moves up a weightclass.....

Pellegrino and Miller looked good and Fitch was Fitch. Palhares sub was nice but he really held on to long, poor Dervals knee

Fightnight on Wednesday with Florian - Gono and TUF after that.

Mir did something similar in the last Lesnar fight. He didn't really explode at any point and allowed his opposition to dominate him, whilst claiming to his corner that he was okay and in control. Is he a bit of a big time bottler or are his coaches putting him in there with a flawed gameplan?

Derval's knee- ouuuuch.

Mir looked farily lethargic to me. He looked big too, maybe he bulked up too much? He allowed Carwin to control him and that was the end really. Always looked to be on the back foot and never took the fight to Carwin.

Mir is going to end up as a gatekeeper, beating cans like Kongo Buentello Struve etc, but not being able to beat the best. Mir would lose to Valesquez, Junior Dos Santos. I think Gonzaga would be a good match up for Mir next..

I think Gonzaga would be a good match up for Mir next..

That, Yvel or a Big Nog rematch. All reasonable fights and all have entertainment value.

Glad Mir didnt win, Brock another match would of meant brock had had 6 pro fights, 3 of which were against Mir, no need for that.

GSP was different class, but with anyone else accusations of lay and pray might be going around. It was quite boring...

GSP was different class, but with anyone else accusations of lay and pray might be going around. It was quite boring...

It wasnt boring at all. GSP was actively looking for the submissions, and Dan was working some good ground defence. If you find it boring then you shouldnt be watching the sport.

It wasnt boring at all. GSP was actively looking for the submissions, and Dan was working some good ground defence. If you find it boring then you shouldnt be watching the sport.

Ive actually competed in the sport and followed it for a long time, but if i wanted to watch submission wrestling id watch ADCC, he was taking zero risks with his GnP, 3 decent sub attempts in what was pretty much 25 min of ground fighting, and lets face it 2 of them were kimuras, which no-one at that level should submit too.

fair enough he was dominating and a supreme athlete, but they ended up in the same position again and agin and GSP couldnt finish him. Hardy wasnt doing anything other than basic sub escapes.

Its the old cliche though, to be the champ you have to beat the champ. Dont get me wrong, i like Dan Hardy, but he couldnt even defend one take down attempt. With GSP easily taking him down then it was obvious that he would keep doing so. Id like to see Hardy v Paulo Thiago next

I just think if he intends to be the all time greatest he’s got to finish people, his wrestling is truly awesome, but he should be using it to g and p better, it was becoming obvious hardy wouldn’t tap to a lock, he could of started to go for more chokes or g and p. That would be a true sign of greatness.

Personally I didn’t think hardy should have been in there, how the 3rd best WW at AKA versus the 2nd best WW at rough house could be the number one contender match is a triumph of UFC marketing. I just don’t thnk they could risk hardy against Alves, Fitch calibre guys as that would leave them with NO-ONE to challenge GSP. I really think he should be finishing this calibre of fighter, who was basically an ideal style match up for him…

The one thing that stood out for me was that Serra, Fitch, Alves and Penn looked like roadkill after their bouts with GSP. Hardy didn't have a mark on him. (Although his arms might be a bit sore). He was obviously defending himself well of his back.

William Hill are still taking bets on the Yushin Okami fight and the Gleison Tibau fights at UFC Fight Night tonight. Both fights have finished but you can still bet!

Happened to me with a boxing match. They won't pay out, PaddyPower did me out of £225 the words removed :x

William Hill are still taking bets on the Yushin Okami fight and the Gleison Tibau fights at UFC Fight Night tonight. Both fights have finished but you can still bet!

Happened to me with a boxing match. They won't pay out, PaddyPower did me out of £225 the words removed :x

Why wont they payout? Surely they legally have to? Ive just stuck £495 on the two winners, returns £770.

I will get my £495 back wont i!

Why wont they payout? Surely they legally have to? Ive just stuck £495 on the two winners, returns £770.

I will get my £495 back wont i!

They'll refund the stake. They left the market up and the fight had taken place but had not been broadcast yet so they refused to pay out. Not sure they legally have to pay out on anything, they usually have some kind of cover :(

Â