UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

i fail to see the skill and martial art element in ufc. There boxing is appaling, there kicking is shite watch K1 if you want too see real kicks, all lesnar does his pick his opponents up slam them on there head and sit on them and punch them in the head and can do so easily not cause he is skilled but cause he is a big bastard!.

Well for one thing, Brock is only ONE fighter out of a lot of MMA fighters. He uses that technique because it works for him. You then watch someone like GSP and his technique is compltely different.

Aslo, as I said before, the reason Brock can pick people up and keep them on the floor etc etc is because he was a brilliant college wrestler. Like it or not that's a great skill.

Finally, if you don't like it, don't **** watch it. If you say K1 is better then watch K1. If you don't like the ground and pound in UFC then watch a sport where you can't do that.

I hate cricket, but you don't see me going into all the ashes threads commenting on how shit it is and how it requires less skill than making a boiled egg or whatever.

If you prefer boxing, then just watch boxing! Personally, I like boxing but I'm beginning to find UFC a lot more entertaining. it's personal choice. No-one's ever going to win an argument about which is better.

something kinda gay about two men rolling on top pf each other not doing anything.can see something as 'skilled' as this in the pub.just for a bunch of knucklehead gays (sorry guys)with no iq who think there hard in there shitty affliction tops :D

Also, regarding this part of your argument, I can only assume you're about 12 years old given what you've said here.

i fail to see the skill and martial art element in ufc. There boxing is appaling, there kicking is shite watch K1 if you want too see real kicks, all lesnar does his pick his opponents up slam them on there head and sit on them and punch them in the head and can do so easily not cause he is skilled but cause he is a big bastard!.

can some one tell me the skill or 'martial art' in what he does. fair enough some of the grappling and submissions is impressive but so is knitting and both are bout as intresting as watching paint dry and something kinda gay about two men rolling on top pf each other not doing anything.can see something as 'skilled' as this in the pub.just for a bunch of knucklehead gays (sorry guys)with no iq who think there hard in there shitty affliction tops :D

Affliction tops>>>>>>>>Anything you wear.

Oh, and grow up :thumb:

something kinda gay about two men rolling on top pf each other not doing anything.can see something as 'skilled' as this in the pub.just for a bunch of knucklehead gays (sorry guys)with no iq who think there hard in there shitty affliction tops :D

Also, regarding this part of your argument, I can only assume you're about 12 years old given what you've said here.

I'd say he's got a few issues regarding his own sexuality if has homosexual thoughts while watching UFC.

Fail. You had to read that much of his post to realise he was a 12 year old Troll.

Brush up on your interweb senses... :D

I saw UFC 100 and Lesnar stuck me as one of those rednecks who's too stupid to feel pain. Tasteless post fight interview didn't help me like him either.

I suppose it was tasteless, but it was almost guaranteed not genuine. He was PLaying the heel. As I said, it's something that he'll have learnt in the WWE and he's bloody good at it. People love the bad guy. People may be tuning in dying for Brock to lose from now on, but they'll be tuning in.

That get on top of my wife thing was hilarious.

Dont like UFC, never seen pride so can't comment. Dont like MMA either. According to the friends who have been to these events, they say the crowd is so different from boxing, chav like.

Love boxing. Enjoy WWE. Wish Lesnar comes back, never seen him at WWE though, only in some highlights

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) UK President Marshall Zelaznik recently confirmed with Versus.com that UFC 105 will be held on November 14 from the Manchester Evening News (MEN) Arena in Manchester, England.

I've just got a text saying melon head really has made up with Dana and is coming back to the octagon. Anyone heard anything?

Nothing has been done but at least they are talking again.

But damn, I've been out of the loop during vacation time and everything exploded. Most notably, Josh Barnett tested positive AGAIN for steroids and was canceled from his bout with Fedor. That in turn made Affliction cancel their third event, and that in turn made them fold their whole MMA promotion. Fedor is now a free agent again, GET TO WORK DANA!!!!!!!

Also Strikeforce lost two main men to injury in Riggs and Overeem. Replacements not assigned yet.

Still, August is a stacked month with fights.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

“A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world’s best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today. The source, who asked not to be identified because he’s not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor ‘very civil’ just days after Fedor’s scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.”

LA Times

I've heard good things about Fedor. Being a bit of a UFC rookie I'm excited by the thjought of him in UFC.

I do remember when I used to watch every now and again a few years back seeing Tito Ortiz fight a few times, he was great.

Did he have a bit of an epic fight with Ken Shamrock at some point? Or am I thinking of someone else in this case?

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) UK President Marshall Zelaznik recently confirmed with Versus.com that UFC 105 will be held on November 14 from the Manchester Evening News (MEN) Arena in Manchester, England.

Michael Bisping will be headlining against Wanderlei Silva that night. Watch this space.

Tito announced his return today on his Myspace. UFC will have a press conference later tonight.

And the Fedor circus continues. At least they are talking.......

Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, Fedors promotors:

“I can say that the guaranteed — and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here — the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before. The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered…. And there were a number of provisions attached to that offer that made it very much less interesting. We made it clear that Fedor, now and forever is part, even part owner, of M-1 and those two cannot be separated. If the rest of M-1 is excluded from any kind of deal, it makes the deal difficult…. We had a very professional, productive and respectful meeting with the UFC. I think both parties walked away (knowing) even though a deal wasn’t made, that a very decent meeting was had.”

Â