UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Very good night!

Sonnen choking out Rua, who predicted that? Not me

11111.gif

Browne front-kicking Overeem, who predicted that? Not me (epic come from behind victory as well)

1.gif

Matt Brown doing the usual

1.gif

And Mcgregor is just fantastic

When was this card?

Feckin virgin!!!

Last night/this morning.

BT Sport have picked up the UFC rights that ESPN used to have - however if you used to get ESPN free wit your Virgin package, you should now have BT Sport anyway so, for future cards, you shouldn't miss a thing.

One of the better cards I've seen recently - apart from the odd fight here and there, I felt like a lot of the recent events were a bit lacklustre.

I need to start watching UFC

Is it weekly events or what?

I think they do around 32 events, not counting the Realityshow "The Ultimate Fighter". So a little more than every 2 weeks

Just ask here. The tricky bits to pick up is usually the ground-game, but a few on here knows plenty about it. For amusement-fap-value there's always MMA-candy ;-)

Before the events there is usually a pre-show on the UFC-channel on youtube. (Called, "Pre-show", "Countdown" or "Prime-time" depending on production) Even though it's a hype-machine you get a pretty good insight on the fighters.

If you have an interest in fighting of any sort theres a fair chance you will love UFC.

Around christmas ESPN used to show nightly cards so you could catch up on old fights, hopefully BT Sports will do the same.

For a better understanding of the grappling if you're starting from no knowledge at all I'd suggest watching the Gracie Breakdowns from Rener and Ryron. They basically explain what happened in some of the high profile fights.

They are both excellent coaches and so passionate about jiu jitsu (and acai, and coconut water, and vegetables, and belt tying etc) that the videos are addictive.

Edited by ArteSuave

Any ideas on how the ufc ratings in America compare to boxing??

It still hasn't really took off that much in the UK. It did to begin with but going by press coverage it seems to have stagnated. I remember the meatheads in those shitty 'tapout' shirts. Thankfully that fade seems to have died down

Any ideas on how the ufc ratings in America compare to boxing??

Pac-man and Mayweather will top UFC but after that it's pretty much all UFC. This is for PPV though, dunno the numbers for regular TV.

For a better understanding of the grappling if you're starting from no knowledge at all I'd suggest watching the Gracie Breakdowns from Rener and Ryron. They basically explain what happened in some of the high profile fights.

They are both excellent coaches and so passionate about jiu jitsu (and acai, and coconut water, and vegetables, and belt tying etc) that the videos are addictive.

Link please.

Link please.

Good place to start

• 2 weeks later...

We have a new Lightweight Champ! Sweet armbar by Pettis. Hendo not "Bendo" anymore :(

1.gif

And YAY SWEDEN! Cendenblad with a mounted Guillotine

iPGvYv8S2mHnL.gif

Mir got dropped again :( Good thing it was from another favourite fighter. Welcome back Barnett, please don't juice again

imXnPbMqSsaOz.gif

Rothwell, perfect nut-shot

if1KXxL96JtZ8.gif

Guida KO'd for the first time. Mendes has power

ibkFyC8Q7CCacP.gif

Best KO of the night though was Lim on Krauss

iuiKgt2LB9Wyf.gif

iEPDlObUGenQz.gif

And for hilarity

i03wCI9WTblMe.gif

Edited by Tegis

Â