The Exit Door - Summer 2018

AvfcRigo82

After seeing so many threads of players and discussions within of them if they're staying or leaving, this thread has been created to discuss those who could/should leave us, all while being skint and juggling with FFP along tge way.

This is the squad we have left as it stands:

Steer, Sarkic

De Laet, Bree, ElmohammadyChester, Richards, Elphick, Green, Hutton, Taylor.

Adomah, Doyle-Hayes, Thishbola, Lansbury, Jedinak, Whelen, Lyden, Grealish, O'Hare, Hourihane, Gardner, Bjarnasson, 

Kodja, Hogan, McCormack, Davis, Hepburn-Murphy

The bold for me highlights the players that should be focusing at being either sold, loaned out, or mutual contract termination, wherever possible.

Once we have focused on moving along as many as possible from that group, see where we are at and then go from there.

Obviously if a serious bid or 2, came in for someone like Bjarnasson, Elphick etc. then it would need considered for sure.

But due to currently being up shit creek we need to offload players - So for me, in order, this is who I would like to see us focus on offloading however possible first, before we look at having to sell others first.

Richards, McCormack, Tshibola, Whelan, Taylor, Lansbury, De Laet, Hogan, Gardener, Lyden, Elphick.

Who would you all focus on offloading first?

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After seeing so many threads of players and discussions within of them if they're staying or leaving, this thread has been created to discuss those who could/should leave us, all while being skint and juggling with FFP along tge way.

This is the squad we have left as it stands:

Steer, Sarkic

De Laet, Bree, ElmohammadyChester, Richards, Elphick, Green, Hutton, Taylor.

Adomah, Doyle-Hayes, Thishbola, Lansbury, Jedinak, Whelen, Lyden, Grealish, O'Hare, Hourihane, Gardner, Bjarnasson, 

Kodja, Hogan, McCormack, Davis, Hepburn-Murphy

The bold for me highlights the players that should be focusing at being either sold, loaned out, or mutual contract termination, wherever possible.

Once we have focused on moving along as many as possible from that group, see where we are at and then go from there.

Obviously if a serious bid or 2, came in for someone like Bjarnasson, Elphick etc. then it would need considered for sure.

But due to currently being up shit creek we need to offload players - So for me, in order, this is who I would like to see us focus on offloading however possible first, before we look at having to sell others first.

Richards, McCormack, Tshibola, Whelan, Taylor, Lansbury, De Laet, Hogan, Gardener, Lyden, Elphick.

Who would you all focus on offloading first?

If only we could get our money back on RMC, Hogan and Tshibola. That would be £28million there. We'd almost get to keep Grealish, depending on what figures of doom are correct. Factor in Richard's wages too and...I just feel sad. 

• Like 1

Added a few and highlighted those that I would look to move on, although it will me easier said than done. We will also lose a few that we don't want to lose on the way... Realistically we need at least two players for each position with youth players as extra if available.

GK - Bunn, Steer, Sarkic

RB - De Laet, Bree, Hutton

LB - Taylor

CB - Chester, Suliman, Richards, Elphick, Bedeau

DM - Jedinak, Whelan, Bjarnasson, Lyden

RM - Elmohamady, Adomah, O'Hare, 

LM - Green, Blackett-Taylor

CM - Doyle-Hayes, Tshibola, Lansbury, Grealish, Hourihane, Gardner, Clarke, Gil

ST - Kodja, Hogan, McCormack, Davis, Hepburn-Murphy

49 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

If only we could get our money back on RMC, Hogan and Tshibola. That would be £28million there. We'd almost get to keep Grealish, depending on what figures of doom are correct. Factor in Richard's wages too and...I just feel sad. 

Just illustrates the complete and utter incompetence our management have shown.  None of this needed to happen.

• Like 1

Elmo, Jedinak and Adomah are all proven champo players to and could even do a job as a squad player in the prem. I'd be surprised if we didn't get an enquiry about these guys. However, the way I see it, every single player is for sale.

• Like 1

Youtube channel has been doing a good few player interviews last few days. Havent watched but Chester, Adomah and Hourihane on them at least.

Club be a bit stupid do them and sell after Delph fiasco

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Youtube channel has been doing a good few player interviews last few days. Havent watched but Chester, Adomah and Hourihane on them at least.

I was thinking the same. They'd be better off not doing any rather than do them for players who could leave!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

I was thinking the same. They'd be better off not doing any rather than do them for players who could leave!

Any player could leave that's the thing. Are we just expected to not make any videos? The whole squad is for sale if the right offer comes in as Villa itself needs money, but we also have FFP to comply with. Hourihane could be here in 6 weeks, or he could be gone, but making a video with him doesn't make the club look stupid. Now yes if the video was Hourihane claiming "I'll never leave, I'm Villa for life", that would be a stupid video, but asking him about training camp and next season is just content for the sake of content. I wouldn't read into these videos too much..

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Any player could leave that's the thing. Are we just expected to not make any videos? The whole squad is for sale if the right offer comes in as Villa itself needs money, but we also have FFP to comply with. Hourihane could be here in 6 weeks, or he could be gone, but making a video with him doesn't make the club look stupid. Now yes if the video was Hourihane claiming "I'll never leave, I'm Villa for life", that would be a stupid video, but asking him about training camp and next season is just content for the sake of content. I wouldn't read into these videos too much..

I'd honestly rather nothing came out of the club when it comes to social media while we're in this current state.

Would like the following out:

Bunn (not good enough)

Richards (how???)

De Laet (not great, has his injuries)

Taylor (not a fan, has struggled)

Elmohamady (poor)

Whelan (old, slow and unreliable)

Jedinak (same as above but a good player, can’t be relied on through a full season)

Tshibola (absurd signing)

Gardner (poor)

McCormack (if not a cheap sale then a loan with considerable share of wages)

Hogan (has struggled here, maybe get a decent fee)

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would like the following out:

Bunn (not good enough)

De Laet (not great, has his injuries)

Taylor (not a fan, has struggled)

Elmohamady (poor)

Whelan (old, slow and unreliable)

Jedinak (same as above but a good player, can’t be relied on through a full season)

Tshibola (absurd signing)

Gardner (poor)

McCormack (if not a cheap sale then a loan with considerable share of wages)

Hogan (has struggled here, maybe get a decent fee)

Out of interest, what of the stuff in brackets do you think will have escaped even the most basic of scouting networks ?

3 minutes ago, hooter said:

Out of interest, what of the stuff in brackets do you think will have escaped even the most basic of scouting networks ?

Just a list of the players that I personally would like to see gone.

Some of them may attract attention due to their reputations before they came here. E.g. Taylor had a few years in the PL with Swansea, Jedinak will have attracted some attention at the WC (good reputation too, leadership skills), Elmohamaday is an experienced international etc. etc. 

Certain clubs may want to nab such players at low cost.

Just now, Zatman said:

hopefully all of it ;)

As I said on the other thread, from experience it is the hope that kills you.

I remember when we found ourselves letting Danny Mills, England full back, go to man City for a nominal fee which saw us pay a chunk of his wages for a year or two, Viduka to Boro similar.

You are left wondering how the **** it came to this, the answer, hand to mouth economics leaves no real room for negotiation.

What terms these guys leave on (if disclosed) will tell you whether the shit you are in is bollock high or nostril high.

1 minute ago, hooter said:

As I said on the other thread, from experience it is the hope that kills you.

I remember when we found ourselves letting Danny Mills, England full back, go to man City for a nominal fee which saw us pay a chunk of his wages for a year or two, Viduka to Boro similar.

You are left wondering how the **** it came to this, the answer, hand to mouth economics leaves no real room for negotiation.

What terms these guys leave on (if disclosed) will tell you whether the shit you are in is bollock high or nostril high.

but they were good players you lost. Players mentioned above are a pile of shit or old and probably we will have pay to get rid of them

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but they were good players you lost. Players mentioned above are a pile of shit or old and probably we will have pay to get rid of them

Point is we had to pay royally to get rid of our good players.  Imagine if Spurs took Grealish and you had to pay 30% of his wages as well, so the deal cost more than the transfer fee over time.  But you were forced to say yes to meet cash flow requirements.  That’s the sorts of deals we ended up signing.

How much will you have to pay to get rid of your terrible ones?  If McCormack is unsellable, would it be worth paying up his contract at 85% of its value in outstanding wages if payments were staged?  Cos that’s the sort of deal you might end up having to do.

• Like 1

Â