World Cup : Group D (Arg, Ice, Cro, Nga)

BOF

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The bloke's got all the class of a used condom in an alleyway. 

To be fair, it appears to me that he was probably getting dog's abuse from whoever was below him during the game. We don't know for sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

To be fair, it appears to me that he was probably getting dog's abuse from whoever was below him during the game. We don't know for sure.

Why have you assumed that? Maradona is horrible prick and doesn't need any reason to act as such.

Wow what a game. Thought Argentina would win beforehand but in fairness Nigeria gave it a real go for second half. Sadly another hard luck story for Africa though.

Didn't think the Rojo handball was penalty (the first one was pretty soft) and Nigeria lost a bit of focus after that aswell as being knackered.

Think France will comfortably dispatch Argentina next round. Mascherano could barely pass a ball tonight so think Pogba-Kante will be dominanting that part of the pitch and France's front three against that defence...

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Could never imagine Pele doing this

Then again, Pele has the personality of a vegetable. I’ll take Diego’s antics any day. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why have you assumed that? Maradona is horrible prick and doesn't need any reason to act as such.

As I said, we don't know for sure, but it looked like it was directed at one or more specific individuals, that's why I think he was getting abuse from below and had enough.

I'm no maradona apologist but, judging by Twitter alone some folk just can't forget what happened 32 yrs ago (and I'm not hinting that you're one of them by the way)

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Feel bad for Nigeria, tough group to be in and gave a very good account for themselves. Stoke look like they have a player in CM

They were shocking for the first game and a half of group

What an entertaining final night. some points

Iceland super unlucky had so many chances

Argentina were lucky to get through and will be battered by a pacier more clinical France as Moses and Musa got through them a lot 

Ref had a mare that was more a penalty than the Iran one and how Mascherano was allowed stay on the pitch, he looked like he came off a World War 1 battleground

This Argentina squad seem classless, manager doesnt shake hands at end of game and players only shake hands when they win

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What an entertaining final night. some points

Iceland super unlucky had so many chances

Argentina were lucky to get through and will be battered by a pacier more clinical France as Moses and Musa got through them a lot 

Ref had a mare that was more a penalty than the Iran one and how Mascherano was allowed stay on the pitch, he looked like he came off a World War 1 battleground

This Argentina squad seem classless, manager doesnt shake hands at end of game and players only shake hands when they win

Yes, with Messi as their "leader".

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's gained an extra hand! 

Absolute chunt though. As Lineker said, a laughing stock

funny as Lineker is his mate. Even went Argentina for BBC documentary a few years back

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They were shocking for the first game and a half of group

has anyone been brilliant every minute of every game?

its ok to give credit where it’s due, never said they were perfect.

11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

As I said, we don't know for sure, but it looked like it was directed at one or more specific individuals, that's why I think he was getting abuse from below and had enough.

I'm no maradona apologist but, judging by Twitter alone some folk just can't forget what happened 32 yrs ago (and I'm not hinting that you're one of them by the way)

There has been no suggestion of that at all though. You have just assumed that he was getting abuse. Maybe he was just absolutely twatted and started abusing people. Which is far more likely. No need to invent a group of bad Nigerian fans out of thin air. Maradona is a prick.

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

There has been no suggestion of that at all though. You have just assumed that he was getting abuse. Maybe he was just absolutely twatted and started abusing people. Which is far more likely. No need to invent a group of bad Nigerian fans out of thin air. Maradona is a prick.

Perhaps you're right.....perhaps i might be....but.....whatever, mate.....life is too short, y'know ?

my issue with it is the notion that he's there as some dignitary or that he's let himself down as if to suggest that he is some sort of bastion of virtue or a role model

he's a been coke head and alcoholic for 30 years and people are disappointed he's behaving like a coke and alcoholic

not sure who is wheeling him out and putting him in the limelight, no doubt some sponsor somewhere gets to go home after the tournament and tell his golf mates about some crazy nights with him in russia

Â