E3 2018

LakotaDakota

conference thoughts - 

the game heavy stuff works, the guff at the beginning and the end does nothing for me, the "world premiere" and "exclusive" stuff was annoying as ****, not a clue what all the xboxs were for unless they are doing something after show

some decent games, some good games and a couple of really good games, possibly the best game of the whole show...and some pretty shit looking exclusives...didnt pull a new exclusive IP out the draw that i think they need, maybe showed a bit too much "hey japan we also make games for you"

getting a really positive response which surprises me, i dont think there were many genuine surprises in it, maybe dying light 2

i think from software was on stage tonight because theres a danger it will be quite similar to ghosts of tsushima so sony wont want both

Edited by villa4europe

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What are all these Xbox's on stage for then?

To mess with us. There were about 100 kiosks on stage. With all the Battle Royale hype and all the talk of one of their franchises stepping into that genre it was a huge troll more than anything. 

• Like 1

Was a good conference for me personally. FH4, Halo, Gears, Fallout 76, Tales of Vesperia, KH3, A few indie games stood out and Cyberpunk looks fantastic. Only thing missing was Fable really. Game pass is maturing into gamings best value thing full stop. A few new AAA IP’s would have been nice but I’m really happy with what was shown.

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

getting a really positive response which surprises me, i dont think there were many genuine surprises in it, maybe dying light 2

They are getting a positive response because;

A. They showed games for all sorts of gamers on all sorts of platforms. Even if you don't own an Xbox more than half the conference was games you will get on PS4/PC.

B. They showed they were bulking up their exclusive offering by acquiring 5 new studios and showing off 18 exclusives/timed exclusives which makes Xbox gamers happy.

C. Every outright exclusive was also on PC/Windows 10 either as an outright purchase, or part of Game Pass. This makes people with beast PC's of which there are more people than ever also happy.

There was a lot to like about this conference. Microsoft knocked it out of the park with great reveals, great indie game, great exclusives and most importantly there was something for everyone here on any platform. 

• Like 2

Best Microsoft conference in a long time. I don't think it was as great Microsoft could have done with it being, there's still not enough great exclusives for Microsoft imo and more Gears, Halo and Forza doesn't isn't enough. But it was better than I expected.

Far better to just show a whole bunch of games rather than having half of the show taken up by eejits talking about and playing(often badly) games, Don't like Gears of war, ok well it's only 3 minutes then onto something you will probably like. Sure there's no great depth to anything they are showing but they are showing lots & lots of things which you can then find out more about over the next few days/weeks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

They are getting a positive response because;

A. They showed games for all sorts of gamers on all sorts of platforms. Even if you don't own an Xbox more than half the conference was games you will get on PS4/PC.

B. They showed they were bulking up their exclusive offering by acquiring 5 new studios and showing off 18 exclusives/timed exclusives which makes Xbox gamers happy.

C. Every outright exclusive was also on PC/Windows 10 either as an outright purchase, or part of Game Pass. This makes people with beast PC's of which there are more people than ever also happy.

There was a lot to like about this conference. Microsoft knocked it out of the park with great reveals, great indie game, great exclusives and most importantly there was something for everyone here on any platform. 

i get that but i still dont see anything there that would make me buy an xbox rather than a PS4

as someone who already has an xbox i didnt see that much to be excited about either, i dont buy in to this better on xbox stuff, like i said there a couple of games i will get but they will be on PS4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i get that but i still dont see anything there that would make me buy an xbox rather than a PS4

as someone who already has an xbox i didnt see that much to be excited about either, i dont buy in to this better on xbox stuff, like i said there a couple of games i will get but they will be on PS4

Stuff is better on xbox though, at least graphically. The X outperforms the Pro in every single game. Sure not everyone has a good 4k tv to take full advantage but like the ps3 was a bit better than the 360 the X is now the best way to play anything. Combine that with EA access & gamepass giving you 200 games per year for less than £70 and it seems a no brainer. I don't really care what system stuff is out on as i have both anyway 

but the better games arent on xbox, the best 2 games ive played in the last year have been PS4 exclusives, this generation MS cant get near them

upgrading to the x i cant justify because i simply dont play the xbone enough, im more likely to buy a switch so i can play zelda than i am to upgrade 

the EA access thing yeah i agree its probably the 1 reason i've still got my xbone, the gamepass thing i'm going to have a look at because it sounds like something i should have too but 2 streaming services are the best thing about the console not the actual games, thats a sad statement

Edited by villa4europe

just seen a trailer for something that i didn't know was happening, total war three kingdoms, set in the romance of the three kingdoms period of chinese history (same as dynasty warriors) i might have to see how badly my laptop plays that

My Bethesda predictions;

• RAGE 2 deep dive
  • Fallout 76 deep dive
  • Prey DLC
  • The Evil Within 2 DLC
  • DOOM 2 Teaser
  • Starfield Announcement Trailer

I had predictions for both EA and Microsoft as well, but I forgot to post them. I got 80% of Microsoft's conference right, although some things caught me out of left field like Dying Light 2. 

Decent showing from MS

Good: Cyberpunk, obviously. And Dying Light was a really welcome surprise. Bit mixed on the new Forza reveal. I'm really not into the overcast greys and browns that come with setting games (and films) in the UK. But I've loved all the previous forza games so.

Bad: Tomb Raider - they're fun enough games but the first two games are basically insperable and this will make all 3 of them mush into one set piece heavy falling simulator with scary ancient power over arching story lines. A bit shocked, in a bad way that they think they should keep pushing Gears. Crackdown continues to disappoint.

Â