God of War

Chindie

On 13/09/2022 at 00:56, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I don’t know how I’m ever gonna beat her. On a good run I can get her tk just under 50% health. 

I’ve tried about 30 times now 

Realised I hadn't upgraded my armour fully, so after some grinding in Niflheim and Musphelheim I'm as geared up as I ever can be (I think)

I'll have another crack at her tonight

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2022 at 09:04, Stevo985 said:

Realised I hadn't upgraded my armour fully, so after some grinding in Niflheim and Musphelheim I'm as geared up as I ever can be (I think)

I'll have another crack at her tonight

I’m so soooo close. Got her down to within a couple of hits but she caught me with a big attack and killed me. It’s coming. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I **** did it! **** you you Valkyrie whore!

Very very satisfying to finally do that

There's basically nothing in the Souls games you can't beat if you can do that fight.

Well done.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's basically nothing in the Souls games you can't beat if you can do that fight.

Well done.

Good to know. 
i honestly thought that fight would be more annoying than fun, but learning how to defend all the attacks was so satisfying in the end. 

The perfect boss really. Hard as **** but never got boring

On 24/09/2022 at 17:58, StewieGriffin said:

Almost done with this (I think....) about to begin the "Path to Jotunheim" chapter, but I've tangented off to free the 3rd dragon and do the final dwarf story.

Amazing game.

Done. Bit disappointed with the final fight, as it seemed easier than the first encounter Baldur. You'd assume he'd have been tougher seeing as the player will have levelled up since the first fight, but an unbelievable game which has set the next one up perfectly for Kratos vs Gods again

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The bit with Skol chasing the sun might be the most beautiful bit of artistic impression I've ever seen in a video game.  Just amazing visual representation of a myth/legend.  🥲

Yeah that's **** awesome

Can't wait for this. Feel absolutely lost since I finished GoW even though it was only a few days ago. I've done literally everything there is to do on it though.

The fact the next one is out so soon is wonderful timing (I'm sure that's not a coincidence) 

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's **** awesome

Can't wait for this. Feel absolutely lost since I finished GoW even though it was only a few days ago. I've done literally everything there is to do on it though.

The fact the next one is out so soon is wonderful timing (I'm sure that's not a coincidence) 

Yea you've done well with the timing.  That said I've completed the story 3 times and watched countless videos on the mythology etc, so I'm really interested to find out some of the key differences between the existing Edda mythology and how they fit Kratos (from Greek Pantheon) into that.  I trust Cory Barlog to do it justice :) 

I just hope they haven't changed too much/many mechanics from the first game - I loved the "weightiness" of it.  

I also hope they make the armor/shield upgrades a little more clear - it took me waaaay too long to realise what different armor sets did and didn't do well. 

I just grabbed armor and upgraded whenever I saw green, but knowing now that red isn't always a bad thing.

Don't forget to give Ragnorok on Netflix a go - if you can get past the "teenage vampire" kind of vibe, it's actually pretty well done as well, I watch it just to look at Jarnsaxa to be honest 🤤

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea you've done well with the timing.  That said I've completed the story 3 times and watched countless videos on the mythology etc, so I'm really interested to find out some of the key differences between the existing Edda mythology and how they fit Kratos (from Greek Pantheon) into that.  I trust Cory Barlog to do it justice :) 

I just hope they haven't changed too much/many mechanics from the first game - I loved the "weightiness" of it.  

I also hope they make the armor/shield upgrades a little more clear - it took me waaaay too long to realise what different armor sets did and didn't do well. 

I just grabbed armor and upgraded whenever I saw green, but knowing now that red isn't always a bad thing.

Don't forget to give Ragnorok on Netflix a go - if you can get past the "teenage vampire" kind of vibe, it's actually pretty well done as well, I watch it just to look at Jarnsaxa to be honest 🤤

Yeah the armour and weapon upgrading is a bit confusing as the red and green arrows are based on the new armour at it's current level. What I'd like to see is the ability to compare your current level upped armour with the new armour once you'd upgraded that set to its highest level. 

That way you'd know whether it's worth buying/crafting new armour and eventually upgrading it

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah the armour and weapon upgrading is a bit confusing as the red and green arrows are based on the new armour at it's current level. What I'd like to see is the ability to compare your current level upped armour with the new armour once you'd upgraded that set to its highest level. 

That way you'd know whether it's worth buying/crafting new armour and eventually upgrading it

Absolutely.  The armors do different things too, so in some boss fights, it's good to have high health, some it's more important to have good strength, then you have high runic stuff which reduces the time between your power move attacks - all very little of it explained within the scope, in early hours of the game (which may have been a design choice.. because you can still do the game without that info).

I didn't realise that GoW has saved Santa Monica Studios either.  There were massive budget cuts because another of their IPs failed, so story elements and boss fights were cut out of the game (allegedly).  We were meant to fight the massive vulture in Helhiem for example, and when Kratos goes back to get the blades of chaos and is sat on the boat back to his home, there were meant to be loads of deer and animals on the banks doing different things.  Little bits like that, further story-telling which add more life to the game, would have been really good to see - not that we got a bad deal! 

There's a great doc on youtube called "raising kratos", give it a watch if you have a spare hour.

Also, if you want to see what being an actual God of War is, no damage on "give me god of war" level, check this out;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's **** awesome

I guess you were talking about the Valkyrie Queen above? That was super hard. I got her to a whisker of health so many times. She always seemed to spam that attack from Above that's undefendable just before death and would kill me. In the end i got her to about a bar and a half, used spartan rage and beat the shit out of her in a corner then as soon as it ended hit her with the infinity gauntlet blast and a final hyperion slam and she finally died

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I guess you were talking about the Valkyrie Queen above? That was super hard. I got her to a whisker of health so many times. She always seemed to spam that attack from Above that's undefendable just before death and would kill me. In the end i got her to about a bar and a half, used spartan rage and beat the shit out of her in a corner then as soon as it ended hit her with the infinity gauntlet blast and a final hyperion slam and she finally died

Nothing she does is un defendable 👀

I found it was better to use Spartan rage to pick up health in the fight with her. Get Atreus’ power to be the bitter squirrel who finds health for you and then use the Spartan rage to protect yourself while you pick it up. Once you learn to defend her attacks you can usually repeat that and keep your health really topped up. 

I found the Spartan rage didn’t really do much damage to her as an offensive asset even though it’s amazing against all the other enemies

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nothing she does is un defendable 👀

I found it was better to use Spartan rage to pick up health in the fight with her. Get Atreus’ power to be the bitter squirrel who finds health for you and then use the Spartan rage to protect yourself while you pick it up. Once you learn to defend her attacks you can usually repeat that and keep your health really topped up. 

I found the Spartan rage didn’t really do much damage to her as an offensive asset even though it’s amazing against all the other enemies

There are some attacks that can be avoided but can't be blocked. That sky attack is one of the hardest as you have about half a second to react and roll one specific way otherwise a quarter of your health is gone. 

Yeah same that's why I had a full spartan rage towards the end and I was so close I wanted any damage to take it out of the rage meter. 

I never got on with the squirrel, I didn't find the amount of health it dropped worth it. I preferred the crows? I think it was as they can actually distract and disrupt some of her attacks and get a few hits in

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â