God of War

Chindie

• 2 weeks later...

Completed it again. 

Just followed the main story this time, absolutely nothing else.  Took about 8/10 hours I guess?

What I DID do though, and never realised before, is have A LOT of fun with the photo mode. 

I've got some really nice wallpapers for the main ps4 screen out of it. 

I'd share if I knew how :lol:

Some pretty funny options in that thing too, but my fave bit is pausing during the cutscenes, and playing with filters.  It's a really good feature.  

On 31/08/2022 at 12:59, lapal_fan said:

Completed it again. 

Just followed the main story this time, absolutely nothing else.  Took about 8/10 hours I guess?

What I DID do though, and never realised before, is have A LOT of fun with the photo mode. 

I've got some really nice wallpapers for the main ps4 screen out of it. 

I'd share if I knew how :lol:

Some pretty funny options in that thing too, but my fave bit is pausing during the cutscenes, and playing with filters.  It's a really good feature.  

You can link your PS4 to a twitter account (and your Switch and I presume other consoles) so that when you hit "share" it'll automatically tweet them.

I set up a burner twitter account (StevoisGaming) where I can tweet stuff without polluting my normal twitter account and then it's all there for you to link to in situations like this :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/09/2022 at 13:54, Stevo985 said:

You can link your PS4 to a twitter account (and your Switch and I presume other consoles) so that when you hit "share" it'll automatically tweet them.

I set up a burner twitter account (StevoisGaming) where I can tweet stuff without polluting my normal twitter account and then it's all there for you to link to in situations like this :) 

Let me know when you've completed it and I'll put up my "spoilery" tweets so anyone can have them as themes for their ps4s or whatever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Let me know when you've completed it and I'll put up my "spoilery" tweets so anyone can have them as themes for their ps4s or whatever.

I don’t think I’m far off on the story now. 

I’ve been taking some time to explore Niflheim. Which was overwhelming at first but once I got the right armour and got comfortable with the layout it all came together. I’ve just got one realm tear to close now and I’m done there and will get on with the story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think I’m far off on the story now. 

I’ve been taking some time to explore Niflheim. Which was overwhelming at first but once I got the right armour and got comfortable with the layout it all came together. I’ve just got one realm tear to close now and I’m done there and will get on with the story

Yea niflhelm is a bit weird, as long as you have the armour etc, you can take your time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea niflhelm is a bit weird, as long as you have the armour etc, you can take your time.

Yeah just closed the last tear. 

Once you get comfortable with the layout it becomes a lot easier. 
Managed to do a couple of full sweeps of the maze in one go which gets you 10k+ mist echoes a time. You can make pretty light work of it once you’re at that stage 

• Like 1

What I'm a bit confused about is there are tow or three realms that I havent' unlocked yet and now that the story is over I'm struggling to see how I'll unlock them. Are they just inaccessible

Also if I was to have one complaint about the game it's that there isn't reallllly a final boss fight

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What I'm a bit confused about is there are tow or three realms that I havent' unlocked yet and now that the story is over I'm struggling to see how I'll unlock them. Are they just inaccessible

Also if I was to have one complaint about the game it's that there isn't reallllly a final boss fight

You don't visit all the realms. You miss Svartalfheim, Vanaheim and Asgard.

Also, if you haven't already, go home. There's a stinger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Also, if you haven't already, go home. There's a stinger.

How did I miss this first time around! Thanks.

• Like 1

Slowly completing all the collectibles. 
finished off all the valkyries who were all fairly easy to dispatch with how geared up I am now. 

But **** me, the queen is insanely hard. I don’t think I’ve got her beneath half health yet. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Slowly completing all the collectibles. 
finished off all the valkyries who were all fairly easy to dispatch with how geared up I am now. 

But **** me, the queen is insanely hard. I don’t think I’ve got her beneath half health yet. 

If it helps, a girl designed the Valkyrie boss fights. 

That might not help though.  

Have fun, because the "thank god that's over" when it's over it about the best "thank god that's over" there is. 

• Like 1

It comes across as just needing a lot of patience. The valkyries are all about avoiding attacks and picking them off when you can. This is that but times a million.

The problem is there's one attack she does (the big jump in the air and hit the ground with her hammer or whatever that produces a massive flash) that almost wipes me out every time. I can avoid pretty much everything else, but that is almost unavoidable.

Also I previously rely on tactically using spartan rage but I need to change that for her. Use is as a defence rather than an offence

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It comes across as just needing a lot of patience. The valkyries are all about avoiding attacks and picking them off when you can. This is that but times a million.

The problem is there's one attack she does (the big jump in the air and hit the ground with her hammer or whatever that produces a massive flash) that almost wipes me out every time. I can avoid pretty much everything else, but that is almost unavoidable.

Also I previously rely on tactically using spartan rage but I need to change that for her. Use is as a defence rather than an offence

Is that when she's spinning in the air?  Throw your axe at the bitch, she don't like that.  It stuns her which gives you about the biggest window she gives you to attack. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Is that when she's spinning in the air?  Throw your axe at the bitch, she don't like that.  It stuns her which gives you about the biggest window she gives you to attack. 

erm, don't think so. She jumps up and slams something into the ground and it produces this massive flash/shockwave. The only way I can find to avoid it is to be really far away from her. But that's not always possible.
It also blinds you which means you're a sitting duck for her to finish you off

I don't think I'm quick enough to hit her with my axe when she does that, especially as I prefer the chaos blades so wouldn't have the axe equipped.

I think Atreus might interrupt her so I'll have to stop spamming square to get him to attack her :D 

Â