God of War

Chindie

15 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Which one, out of interest?

God of War is a great game though, probably my GOTY for 2018. I've never played the previous games in the series as they seemed a bit cheesy, and hack 'n' slash really isn't my bag, but the 2018 game looked too good to resist, especially with the move to Norse mythology.

Really need to go back and finish that final bloody Valkyrie at some point, but I may need to New Game + it just to familiarise myself with all the moves.

Batman Arkham Knight - just didn’t grab me or hold my attention.

didnt like the control set up either so only put a few hours in on it.

luckily only cost me a couple of quid on eBay!

47 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

have you played spiderman?

I spent a few hours on the batman games years back and like you they didn't grab me at all but I loved spiderman which I then often hear linked to the gameplay of the batman games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

I love this game so much I bought this

NqlEeZC.jpg

:wub:

ive done a few comic book exhibition things for my old football team manager, he owns a merchandise thing covering mainly games but some other stuff too

the market for those things blew my mind, I once worked on an assassins creed stand for 3 days at comic con when the Victorian one came out and easily shifted 100+ of each character and they clipped together so most bought both, think they were around £35 each - had a quick look on ebay, the cheapest one I could find was the brother going for £65, there are several going for hundreds, could only find one selling the pair and that's for £450 - mental

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

have you played spiderman?

I spent a few hours on the batman games years back and like you they didn't grab me at all but I loved spiderman which I then often hear linked to the gameplay of the batman games

My lad has that and have meant to give it a go. Will do once I’ve done God Of War 

On 29/10/2020 at 10:20, villa4europe said:

ive done a few comic book exhibition things for my old football team manager, he owns a merchandise thing covering mainly games but some other stuff too

the market for those things blew my mind, I once worked on an assassins creed stand for 3 days at comic con when the Victorian one came out and easily shifted 100+ of each character and they clipped together so most bought both, think they were around £35 each - had a quick look on ebay, the cheapest one I could find was the brother going for £65, there are several going for hundreds, could only find one selling the pair and that's for £450 - mental

Yeah AC merch is oddly popular. 

God of War stuff is quite thin on the ground but once I saw the Mondo figure I decided I needed it. It's overpriced, it's not as good as the stuff companies like Hot Toys knock out often for less, but still it's a **** awesome thing.

On 29/10/2020 at 09:24, theboyangel said:

Arkham Knight is easily the worst of the three Rocksteady Batman games (Arkham Origins is actually the worst, but it wasn’t made by Rocksteady).

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are by far the best, so you should try them, though if you’re not a fan of the controls then maybe it’s just not for you. I personally think the combat system used in the Arkham games is the best I’ve ever played.

Spider-man is good too, but honestly I think it’s a bit overrated. Combat is decent but nowhere near as weighty as the Arkham games, or indeed God of War. Story-wise Spidey is also a bit forgettable, and while swinging around a nicely rendered NYC is very cool, the city has nowhere near as much as character or detail as the eponymous sectioned off part of Gotham in Arkham City.

Edited by Ginko
  • Thanks 1

Quite enjoying GoW but feel the exploration side is limited to where you’re allowed to go (think I was spoilt by playing AC Odyssey which is head and shoulders above anything I’ve played)

The puzzles are ok and like the combat sections. 

Kind of agree but at the same time by the end felt that ACs openness and scope was almost detrimental to it, far too many ideas and too big for its own good, it needed stripping back and made more concise, there's a fair bit there that doesn't work

The next one which without reading up too much about it should have some lessons learned and be a more rounded game with then the more direct comparison due to the setting 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2020 at 11:33, villarule123 said:

Do you need to play the trilogy before this? Obviously this is part of the PS plus collection so I'll try it out on my PS5

I haven’t and gone straight into GoW. I don’t feel I’ve missed anything at all from previous games

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread as in typical Stevo style I'm playing through this years later than everyone else.

I haven't read much of the thread for spoilers but after a tip or two.

I'm at the first part of the game that is causing me some real trouble. I'm at the Volcano in Muspelheim. The trials have been hard, but doable. But I've reached the Valkyrie and it's damn near impossible.

All I want to know is is it worth persisting or is it just a case of go away and come back when you're better geared up?

PS the game is **** brilliant

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Musphelheim is one of two challenge areas, essentially. You don't need to complete it. I finished it post-story IIRC. It gets quite difficult.

Yeah I guessed I don’t need to. But I’ve done 5 (10 really) of the trials, so I’ll be dammed if I'm stopping now!

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It looks like they recommend you being level 6 before doing that section. If you're on the Valkyrie though you may as well just keep cracking at it.

I think I'll go away and come back. I've got the Valkyrie sussed really in terms of how to avoid its attacks, which is the important thing with them, but it's so powerful that one mistake and I'm basically dead. 

As long as I can come back and not have to do the trials again then I'm all good.

13 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I went away and came back; I remember it being a lot easier after that.

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

Encountered another Valkyrie in the meantime and dispatched it without much issue so the one in Muspelheim must be particularly difficult.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

Encountered another Valkyrie in the meantime and dispatched it without much issue so the one in Muspelheim must be particularly difficult.

Oh sweet summer child...

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

Oh sweet summer child...

Hahaha I'm guessing they get harder :D 

I'm on one now to be fair that I'm struggling with. The one that you get to through the secret chamber in the foothills of the mountain. I know I can do it, I just need a good run at her. 

Â