God of War

Chindie

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hahaha I'm guessing they get harder :D 

I'm on one now to be fair that I'm struggling with. The one that you get to through the secret chamber in the foothills of the mountain. I know I can do it, I just need a good run at her. 

Let's just say the final Valkyrie was harder than more or less any Soulsborne boss I've encountered...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Let's just say the final Valkyrie was harder than more or less any Soulsborne boss I've encountered...

Love that!

Yeah I was expecting either the final one of the 8, or if there's a boss one after that, to be especially difficult.

Probably a long way to go until I get there!

Still loving the game. Can just spend an hour exploring and not even touch the story

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Love that!

Yeah I was expecting either the final one of the 8, or if there's a boss one after that, to be especially difficult.

Probably a long way to go until I get there!

Still loving the game. Can just spend an hour exploring and not even touch the story

The stuff with Ymir is genius.

Such a good game.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I need to go back to this at some point.

Think I got about a 3rd of the way through and got distracted by something else and never returned.

Genuinely I think it's one of the best games of the last 5 years. It's not flawless, by any means, but the overall package is just... you can feel the quality in it, and it's satisfying to play. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to pootle about in my boat listening to really well told Norse mythology, and seeing some spectacular stuff. And it's got great music. Atmosphere dripping off it.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I thoroughly enjoyed being able to pootle about in my boat listening to really well told Norse mythology, and seeing some spectacular stuff. 

Not many games where i didn't want to carry on playing as that would mean getting out of the boat and missing the rest of a random story being told.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not many games where i didn't want to carry on playing as that would mean getting out of the boat and missing the rest of a random story being told.

Indeed. But they even handle that so well. Get out mid-story? 'Oh we'll finish that later' / 'But we'll come back to that' etc etc, and when getting back in 'Right, where were we?...'. Fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Indeed. But they even handle that so well. Get out mid-story? 'Oh we'll finish that later' / 'But we'll come back to that' etc etc, and when getting back in 'Right, where were we?...'. Fantastic.

Yeah the only thing that annoys me about this is they take too long to start. I'm desperate for him to start talking so I won't have to interrupt him partway through

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I need to go back to this at some point.

Think I got about a 3rd of the way through and got distracted by something else and never returned.

It's hard to say where exactly a third of the way through is, but to me it's getting better and better so chances are you've got the best to come

On 12/08/2022 at 09:24, Designer1 said:

Started it again last night.

Remember it being a good looking game, but it's gorgeous on the PS5.

I'll see if it gets it's hooks into me again over the weekend.

Took an hour or two of playing for me to get into it. I found the start of it quite frustrating. Lots of those cut scenes where it tries to make you think you're playing a game by telling you to press buttons at certain times but you're not actually doing anything.

But if you persist it's worth it. Once you get out of the wild woods all of that hand holding disappears and you get into the real game.

So don't be put off. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Took an hour or two of playing for me to get into it. I found the start of it quite frustrating. Lots of those cut scenes where it tries to make you think you're playing a game by telling you to press buttons at certain times but you're not actually doing anything.

But if you persist it's worth it. Once you get out of the wild woods all of that hand holding disappears and you get into the real game.

So don't be put off. 

Yeah, I'd already put about 8-10 hours into it on my first playthrough when it came out so I know it opens up - I don't think I abandoned it originally because I wasn't enjoying it, it was that something else came along that took my attention away and I never got around to going back (until now)

On this playthrough I'm just island hopping in the boat - enjoying it a lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I'd already put about 8-10 hours into it on my first playthrough when it came out so I know it opens up - I don't think I abandoned it originally because I wasn't enjoying it, it was that something else came along that took my attention away and I never got around to going back (until now)

On this playthrough I'm just island hopping in the boat - enjoying it a lot.

I did that for hours.

And the (genius) way in which the game opens up further down the line means you can island hop again and again even though you're revisiting the same islands

Â