Strong City

villab0y

Perhaps if her post is a response to a specific individual she could indicate that in future.

Good point. Thanks for the reminder.

How you can distinguish your (collective not specific to you) foolishness and the other foolishness is remarkable.

:winkold:

Only this time, He has come for His Bride, to take her away with Him from this dark, ruined world. His Spirit is even now departing, and the earth is left in the fires of its own self imposed destruction. He would have taken them all, for He sees all humanity as His beloved Bride, but they would not have Him.

Is there an estimated time of departure, only I'd like to know whether to book next year's holiday or not.

Could someone from Strong City answer this, please. It's an honest, sincere question:

I tried living without God. I've spent my entire twenty years on this planet haven't heard a word from him, and don't want to either. I simply don't think such a thing as God exists, and I don't need a god to live a decent, moral life either. Because guess what, in those twenty years without god I never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day (thanks, Bill).

Where does that leave me, people of Strong City?

So, what will it be for me? Heaven or hell?

First I want to say that my last post was in response to Snowy's thoughts about why we would bother "defending" ourselves. I wrote it in the "Quick Response" box right under his post, thinking it was self explanatory that it was in response to his post. I'm not real familiar with posting on forums.

I tried living without God. I've spent my entire twenty years on this planet haven't heard a word from him, and don't want to either. I simply don't think such a thing as God exists, and I don't need a god to live a decent, moral life either. Because guess what, in those twenty years without god I never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day (thanks, Bill).

Where does that leave me, people of Strong City? So, what will it be for me? Heaven or hell?

Michelsen, it is not true that you have never heard a word from God. He has spoken to you. He has spoken to everybody, but most don't even realize it, because they are not sensitive to His heart. Your world has done an artful job of ensuring this. Its god has masterminded everything to distract you from God and focus you on yourself.

You said you don't want to hear His voice, either. Then why are you asking us to speak His words to you?

You claim you have never murdered, raped, etc. But have you ever shot an impatient or irritated look to someone? If so, you murdered them. That's what I mean by not sensitive to God's heart. People don't even know what they do.

You claim you have never murdered, raped, etc. But have you ever shot an impatient or irritated look to someone? If so, you murdered them. That's what I mean by not sensitive to God's heart. People don't even know what they do.

:huh:

But have you ever shot an impatient or irritated look to someone? If so, you murdered them.

I'm not being facetious, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't murdered them. To deny people the right to sometimes be impatient or sometimes get irritated is to deny them the right to be human. Which begs the question 'What's the point?'. To compare the above to murdering someone is hyperbole that doesn't really strengthen your stance or credibility Beth, in my opinion.

I wonder if the use of the edit button on this forum, is for you nutters in direct relation to your "editing" of your interpretation of the Bible. Old habits die hard. And so will your Michael ;) what a way to go.

So tell me, O Bible scholar, where we err.

I wonder if the use of the edit button on this forum, is for you nutters in direct relation to your "editing" of your interpretation of the Bible. Old habits die hard. And so will your Michael ;) what a way to go.

So tell me, O Bible scholar, where we err.

So, by your own rules, you have just "murdered" b23avfc.

Your response was sarcastic, which usually reflects an impatient, pent up anger to the person it is directed.

To deny people the right to sometimes be impatient or sometimes get irritated is to deny them the right to be human. Which begs the question 'What's the point?'. To compare the above to murdering someone is hyperbole that doesn't really strengthen your stance or credibility Beth, in my opinion.

No one's "right to be human" is ever denied, nor can it be, simply by virtue of the way things are. God made us human, and He made us with free will. You may get impatient and irritated all you want.

Jesus used the same hyperbole: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:28

It did the same thing for his credibility.

So to you, thinking and doing are effectively the same thing ? If, using your example, you see someone attractive and you look at them in that way, you may aswell have already done the deed ? You see that's where I think human 'free will' comes into play and allows the person the choice to NOT do the things that pop into their mind. The mind and the heart are very different things. You can have fleeting thoughts brought on by external influences that you would never have any intention of going through with because the heart wouldn't let you. So to me, glances or 'looks' are just that and it's an important distinction to be made.

So to you, thinking and doing are effectively the same thing ? ...You can have fleeting thoughts brought on by external influences that you would never have any intention of going through with because the heart wouldn't let you. So to me, glances or 'looks' are just that and it's an important distinction to be made.

Yes, you are right in saying that fleeting thoughts can and do "pop in" and we are not accountable for them if we immediately throw them out. If you own them -- agree with them, enjoy them, or feel justified in them, even for a moment, they become yours.

A glance or a look toward someone is an action toward them, which is the fruit of your agreement with the thought. It has borne fruit; that person feels the dart that has been shot into their heart.

A glance or a look toward someone ... is the fruit of your agreement with the thought.

Is there not the possibility that the thought has simply asked the question, and your glance or look is simply an attempt to answer- and the answer could be 'no'?

(this is getting very philosophical)