Strong City

villab0y

Please can you (and others in your group) refrain from this kind of patronizing approach to your responses (at least to me).

We may disagree, discuss,debate and question but unless someone actually says that they do not understand then don't come out with the schoolteacher approach.

To you, it sounds patronizing. That is not the attitude/spirit in which I said it. You will just have to take my word for it. Semantics is a tricky science at best and especially because we come from two different worlds.

This truth that we at strongcity are proclaiming is not humanly friendly, if you will. The message is that the world of men, as it has been experienced for millenia, is over. Self-interested human living has been overcome. Only God will have a kingdom now.

This is not good news to the human ego. Nevertheless, we are compelled to speak what we have seen and heard and experienced ourselves. It's like having to pronounce a death sentence on the entire population of the earth and being responsible for it. The weight of this kind of message is not without its personal excruciations in the carrying out of our commission.

This message is likened to a trumpet sounding its blast. That trumpet ushered in the Jubilee. It's reverberations are going out throughout the entire earth. That trumpet began to sound on the October 31st date that was deliberately misconstrued in the End Of The World Cult movie. What the trumpet is actually saying is that everyone is set free. Set free from human domination and control, no matter how benevolent a man might try to make it appear. This proclamation includes forgiveness for everything a man has done against his Maker (remission of sins), obliteration of all debt, cancellation of contracts and everyone returning to their patrimony. The literal as well as the spiritual implications are enormous. It is the end of the world but not as Hollywood and falsehood have portrayed it.

The human ego is offended by this divine proclamation. That is because it spells out the demise of that human self. If a soul identifies themselves with that ego, they will be offended at the message as well as the messenger.

Again I say to you, snowychap, as well as all who see as you do, we are not special or different or better than anyone. We have a commission and cannot keep from it. Everyone who reads what we are saying judges themselves by what is already in their heart. It's just the way life works. One can only view another through the glasses of their own context of life.

This is the time for revealing all things. Everyone reveals who they are by how they respond to God's message. The Son of God came down from heaven for this purpose. It is the time when everyone will bow the knee.

We are compelled to speak what we have seen and heard and experienced ourselves. It's like having to pronounce a death sentence on the entire population of the earth and being responsible for it. The weight of this kind of message is not without its personal excruciations in the carrying out of our commission. .
Have you ever made/created something you reeeally liked and enjoyed? You finished it and it was perfect, turned out just the way you wanted it and then it got broken or ruined somehow. How did it make you feel? How about the loss of a child? Though you played an active role and were a contributor to its coming into existence, you did not create that life, but still felt the tremendous loss. Can you imagine how much greater the grief to lose the companionship of many of your created beings, forever?

And I'm not interested in debating how unfair God is or how much He hates humanity because He allows or is perceived to enjoy suffering. If the debaters, unbelievers and naysayers could just step out of themselves for a moment and view this from the Father's perspective instead of insisting otherwise. If you are a father, then that should not be that hard. Has your counsel and instruction as a parent ever been misunderstood or misperceived as you were attempting to love and help your child avoid hurting themselves in some way, knowing very well what the ramifications of their actions would be if carried out, but you just could not get that across to them?

Some want signs, they will not get any, until it's too late. Some might believe, if things were done just a little differently and to their liking and interpretation of how "it" should look. Can you not see all heaven being poured out to you in this thread and on other forums? Can you not see that He wouldn't give, and has given, everything so that you could be with Him, forever? He is intensely interested in YOU!

Regardless of what our physical location here at Strong City appears to look like to those on the outside, we are not on this earth to find some safe, secluded, little spot to "hold" our beliefs or invisibly exist and live happily ever after until we translate from this earth. If that were the case, we would not have any internet presence. Jesus did not come to earth to hide out away from the masses or preach a bunch of good principles to live by, get tortured, crucified/die, resurrect and retreat to heaven where he could live the "good life" with His Father and the rest of the heavenly host, free and away from persecution and corruption forever.

What He was doing was trying to get some points across to the people. He came to redeem lost humanity, HIS creation, in the hopes of enjoying each and every one of those precious beings He made for all eternity. He was trying to show them His Love, though that certainly was not received or perceived by many then, just as it is not today. His hope and desire was to take everyone home with Him to heaven one day, not just some supposed "holy" ones. If someone is perfect and "holy," what in the world would they need a Savior for? Anyway, since each one has free will, the outcome is yet to be revealed. Some may prefer to be somewhere else for eternity and that would be their choice and it will be honored, but it sure won't be what the heavenly Father had in mind, nor His desire, nor ours.

To you, it sounds patronizing. That is not the attitude/spirit in which I said it. You will just have to take my word for it.

I am afraid that is not true and you are not doing yourself or your 'word' justice by pretending otherwise.

Self-interested human living has been overcome.

I'm sorry but I think your group is a great example of self-interested living.

It's like having to pronounce a death sentence on the entire population of the earth and being responsible for it. The weight of this kind of message is not without its personal excruciations in the carrying out of our commission.

Many of your group have already said and implied that they are no longer of this world and as such bear no responsibility for what happens in or to it.

What the trumpet is actually saying is that everyone is set free. Set free from human domination and control, no matter how benevolent a man might try to make it appear.

And it is also saying that everyone is now free to be subjugated under other wordly domination and control, now matter how benevolent a (son of) god might try to make it appear.

It is the end of the world but not as Hollywood and falsehood have portrayed it.

Sorry, did I miss the feature presentation?

Hollywood is in the US. Channel4 is in the UK.

Everyone who reads what we are saying judges themselves by what is already in their heart. It's just the way life works. One can only view another through the glasses of their own context of life.

Not this again.

Whenever someone criticises anyone from your group, you believe that it is they who are at fault and not you.

Sorry, I forgot that the perfect ones cannot err.

This is the time for revealing all things. Everyone reveals who they are by how they respond to God's message. The Son of God came down from heaven for this purpose. It is the time when everyone will bow the knee.

I'm not going to be bending the knee or bowing to anyone which rather falsifies your proclamation.

Has your counsel and instruction as a parent ever been misunderstood or misperceived .......

If a parent had spoken to me in this kind of made up English, it would have naturally lessened the effect of any message that he/she were trying to get across.

I do not mean to misunderestimate you. :winkold:

I am afraid that is not true ....

I'm sorry but I think your group is a great example of self-interested living....

Sorry, I forgot that the perfect ones cannot err....

Truly, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

I'm sorry but I think your group is a great example of self-interested living....

You have a very good point and this is true of all people, including yourself, for whatever you may believe, in my opinion you are human and are therefore fallible.

Are you quoting song lyics at me now? :)

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer, I think.

I want to answer these questions, because I said I would.

Is there not the possibility that the thought has simply asked the question, and your glance or look is simply an attempt to answer- and the answer could be 'no'?

(this is getting very philosophical)

Yes, to keep going with this would be to bury ourselves in man's philosophy, which is totally vain and goes nowhere, because it is only a fruit of the natural human life. The point is, your and my natural human life will think its thoughts and look its looks and act its actions, and everyone has their own idea of what is right, good and moral, and strives to control themselves to conform to that. To that life I say, "Good luck!"

Then there is another Life altogether, which a person can only receive from God Himself, for it is His own Life. That Life doesn't have to "control" itself, or stop its thoughts, for there is no murder in it.

Can you not see that at any time from the birth of the idea up until the actuality of the action which will transform that idea in to deed then a human being can exercise their free will in stopping this process.

If thought is as bad as deed then there is no point in free will and no point in humanity except as an exercise in public backslapping for god.

Yes, free will can be exercised at any point. And yes, much better to stop a thought before it becomes a deed. What I said was, a murderous look cast at someone is a deed.

But that is where you are, isn't it?

You have no need for the kind of free will necessary to make value decisions about things and to make moral judgements. You have 'let god in', have given up all responsibility for morality to his judgement and because of this believe that nothing that comes from you can be bad (even if it appears to be so to others) because it is god's will.

My experience of life is this — I will say it in Jesus' words, because I can find no better or more precise:

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

My experience of life is this — I will say it in Jesus' words, because I can find no better or more precise:

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

Arrogance in the extreme. :angry:

I've always thought that 70 odd years as a human being and their related behavious is a pretty strange way of deciding whether someone will spend the rest of eternity in heaven or not.

If god is so unhappy with the earth and how creation has turned out, why doesn't he just leave us to get on with it, and start again somewhere else?

Truly it would be, if I spoke of my self. But I do not speak of my self; I speak of the Life that possesses me — the Life of the Son of God. But you do not believe that He is in me, and I in Him. The marriage of the Lamb is come, and you have left yourself desolate.

Truly it would be, if I spoke of my self. But I do not speak of my self; I speak of the Life that possesses me — the Life of the Son of God. But you do not believe that He is in me, and I in Him. The marriage of the Lamb is come, and you have left yourself desolate.

It would seem an appropriate time to quote one of your group back at you with inserts from me:

Everyone who reads what we are saying (my comment, 'arrogance in the extreme') judges themselves by what is already in their heart (your comment, 'you have left yourself desolate'). It's just the way life works

I don't think this is a good technique to use but as it seems to be the only one that you recognize and to which you all keep returning then perhaps it is most apt.

Paul Simon's lyrics are not yours to quote, belive me. Please, don't do that again.

And, could someone of you answer my question; I'm a decent person, a good person many would even say but I reject the idea of God and regard myself as an atheist - am I going to heaven or hell?

Paul Simon's lyrics are not yours to quote, belive me. Please, don't do that again.

And, could someone of you answer my question; I'm a decent person, a good person many would even say but I reject the idea of God and regard myself as an atheist - am I going to heaven or hell?

What if you were to spend eternity on VillaTalk? And watching Villa on a dodgy internet stream?

Which would that be to you - heaven or hell? :winkold:

Bear in mind it's forever, regardless of manager, players and chairmen but eternity. Oh and regardless of the quality of posts and posters. :D

What if you were to spend eternity on VillaTalk? And watching Villa on a dodgy internet stream?

Which would that be to you - heaven or hell? :winkold:

Bear in mind it's forever, regardless of manager, players and chairmen but eternity. Oh and regardless of the quality of posts and posters. :D

With over 3000 posts so far, it seems to me as if I've already spent eternity on VilllaTalk ;)

Actually, the answer would be that living for ever would be hell for me regardless. I'd be incrediably bored surviving my fifth sun.

Excuse me?

Why would you care?