Questions for the seniors

lapal_fan

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

artex

969807c87b221919646d4587882b0ec2.jpg

artex everywhere

Ahh yes, when I was little I remember my parents having the flat we lived in artexed and coving put up. Needless to say I tripped and landed face first on one of the artexed walls before it had fully dried!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Again, I bridged that divide. Flares yes, platforms no. 

pretty much the same here, thank f*** punk arrived though, drainpipes, didn't arrive home with flares caked in mud every night because we walked through Red House Park to get home

Just now, Xela said:

Ahh yes, when I was little I remember my parents having the flat we lived in artexed and coving put up. Needless to say I tripped and landed face first on one of the artexed walls before it had fully dried!

So it was artexela’d? 

Will get my green Parker with fur lined hood!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Artexed walls... jeez your folks had it bad, most people restricted themselves to ceiling lunacy

Just now, bickster said:

Artexed walls... jeez your folks had it bad, most people restricted themselves to ceiling lunacy

Mainly ceilings but for some reason the hall wall was artexed as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Our place had artex on the bathroom wall - not the circular swirls, but little peaks, so that when you pulled the lightswitch cord, your knuckles scraped on the rough surface. It had to go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Green? what kind of weirdness was that? Snorkel Parka's were usually blue round our way

I initially had a blue one (thought I was Ham solo on Hoth!) but inherited a green one (probs from a jumble sale!) 

Just to add a footnote to my (boring) artex anecdote.... I remember when it was, roughly. It was a Saturday morning in December in the early 90's (90 or 91) and we were due to play at home (got a feeling it was either Man City or Sheff Utd) and we woke up to about 4 foot of snow! Everything was cancelled. The artexer turned up though in a Ford Cortina Estate. First thing he did was have a shit in our flat. In the toilet, not on the floor. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Our place had artex on the bathroom wall - not the circular swirls, but little peaks, so that when you pulled the lightswitch cord, your knuckles scraped on the rough surface. It had to go. 

Yeah, exactly the same as our hall wall. 

I had white flares!

But they were quite specific to a single song by a band. The Creation had a song called Painter Man, so a small sophisticated intellectual group of us that were in to The Creation would all go out in white flares.

I think we were just riffing on what we felt we'd seen painters and decorators wearing. But it would create havoc on a bank holiday when everyone turns up as a punk, a skin or a mod, and four or five of us pitch up at the beach in white flares!

Police didn't know whether to confiscate our laces or not. They took all the laces from everybody on the Saturday, to stop people being able to run. Monday, we all turned up in slip ons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I initially had a blue one (thought I was Ham solo on Hoth!) but inherited a green one (probs from a jumble sale!) 

First one was a blue one with orange lining. Then I had a sand coloured. Now got a green one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

pretty much the same here, thank f*** punk arrived though, drainpipes, didn't arrive home with flares caked in mud every night because we walked through Red House Park to get home

I wasn't happy when that switch happened. Flares covered all but the toes of your shoes, but the first time I put on a pair of drainies, I thought they made my feet look ENORMOUS. Took some getting used to. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Xela said:

Just to add a footnote to my (boring) artex anecdote.... I remember when it was, roughly. It was a Saturday morning in December in the early 90's (90 or 91) and we were due to play at home (got a feeling it was either Man City or Sheff Utd) and we woke up to about 4 foot of snow! Everything was cancelled. The artexer turned up though in a Ford Cortina Estate. First thing he did was have a shit in our flat. In the toilet, not on the floor. 

So, this artexer your mum knew when you were small, he had troubles with the shits?

Nothing to see here...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

How did he wipe?

Â