Crypto currency

PieFacE

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So basically you keep the codes or phrases on that drive? Or does the wallet sit on that too?

Its the key to your wallets. I have the same one by the way.

with out that device plugged in to the PC and the 4 digit access code you cannot access the wallets.

Obviously, If you go away without the ledger, you wont be able to access the accounts.

I understand if you lose the ledger, there is a way to get access again with the 24 word recovery sheet, im not sure how easy it is though.

9 minutes ago, zak said:

Its the key to your wallets. I have the same one by the way.

with out that device plugged in to the PC and the 4 digit access code you cannot access the wallets.

Obviously, If you go away without the ledger, you wont be able to access the accounts.

I understand if you lose the ledger, there is a way to get access again with the 24 word recovery sheet, im not sure how easy it is though.

Tis easy.

I have a ledger which I keep on me at all times, a ledger stored elsewhere which has already been "recovered", and a brand new ledger as a backup for my backup :D 

If you buy one, don't buy it off ebay though, people have been getting scammed.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Tis easy.

I have a ledger which I keep on me at all times, a ledger stored elsewhere which has already been "recovered", and a brand new ledger as a backup for my backup :D 

If you buy one, don't buy it off ebay though, people have been getting scammed.

Wait so you can have 2 Ledgers with the same wallets?

Been following this thread with interest as a pal of mine has suggested getting into Ripple. Looking at it i think i'll spread my money around a few different ones as well like Fixx, Ark and also looking at Linx. I have registered on Coinbase and Bitstamp. Can somebody tell me why i need to have photographic verification like a passport/Drivers license? I assume all is above board as you guys are well into it.

Ive been reading on the net about all of this but have to say as a total noob i'm still a little confused. Seems the more i read the more confused i get......... including the use of ''wallets''

I'm going into this for a bit of fun and not as a get rich quick scheme and will only be putting in what i can afford to lose, circa 500

Any very simplistic Janet and John style help would be appreciated.

Blockfolio looks like a nice little app, it summarises your coins and values on 1 screen. You put the coins you’ve got and how many and it shows you their value. You can pick which exchange you want it to use for the price.

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Between WTC and VEN, one of them has to do well. 

This is what I struggle with. I was looking at MaidSafe and then hear about a rival called Filecoin. My technical analysis consists of checking how large the Reddit community is for each coin. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Blockfolio looks like a nice little app, it summarises your coins and values on 1 screen. You put the coins you’ve got and how many and it shows you their value. You can pick which exchange you want it to use for the price.

I use BitWorth but sounds like basically the same thing

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thanks both. That is really useful. Saves me logging in to 4 different exchanges.

You can also use it to pretend you're a crypto millionaire by pretending you own 1000 BTC

F5F43118-27BD-4550-82D5-48F1892CE5C4.jpeg

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

I use blockfolio

Ha, Flixx is a wait 6 months then check the price type coin :D 

I first invested in ARK when I was new to crypo when it was like 13p. Constantly checking the price a few times every day. Used to drive me mad. The beauty of getting in so early is that you'll also see good gains, but have to ride it out to begin with :) 

But you just have to let things take their course, one day you'll be up, the next day you'll be down, this is crypto. Time (and dev / announcements) will sort the price out :thumb:

Edited by PieFacE

Â