Crypto currency

PieFacE

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

lol can't sign up for Bittrex :/

My timing is HORRIBLE here.

Edit:  Apparently a host of exchanges have stopped new sign ups.  Any ideas for an exchange I should use?!

Ah yeah, Bittrex will open registrations soon. Binance is your best bet.

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Damn, Bitcoin wouldn't deposit at Kucoin quick enough to buy it around 2200.

Set a low buy order at 2050 in case the market wobbles again. 

Really want 100k flixxo's

bought 20k at c.0.00029 Ether

Now: 0,000345

Edited by zak

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Everything's really taken a pounding recently hasn't it?! :crylaugh: 

Yep, everything is rock bottom. Couple weeks ago my FLIXX were worth over $2200, then yesterday about $1000.

I'm fighting the urge not to spend more. In the process of moving house is meaning I don't want to spend too much of my savings.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, everything is rock bottom. Couple weeks ago my FLIXX were worth over $2200, then yesterday about $1000.

I'm fighting the urge not to spend more. In the process of moving house is meaning I don't want to spend too much of my savings.

I would always suggest don't invest anything that you will need in the next 3 to 5 years. That is for more sophisticated markets so for something like Crypto it would be more difficult to put an accurate time frame of an average cycle but I definitely wouldn't be putting anything I needed in the next year or two in Crypto. 

Yeah definitely put in with what you're cool with losing. If this dip is worrying you then you're probably over-invested and should cash some out.

How low will Bitcoin go? I think to about $8,500 and then the market will hopefully bounce.

Tis quite funny how people's perspective change quite quickly, one month ago we were celebrating a $500b market cap, now it's a disaster.

I kinda feel sorry for people who invested in Bitconnect, was an obvious ponzi-scheme and now they have exit-scammed.

Some of these comments are saddening, but they will have learnt a good lesson at least.

Yep, that's a lesson in only investing what you're willing to lose. Hope people take heed of that stuff.

Personally I'm exactly where you described, Pieface. This dip isn't worrying me one bit. Firstly because I believe people that say it will pick up again, and secondly because I can live with losing what I originally put in.

• Like 1

Hodl Strong!

It is difficult to be so at ease with the loss. Im going to have a really expensive wedding in Cape Town it looks like but my loss in the last day and a half could have easily covered it.

Just gotta keep remembering how much i put in and that i am way up on my investment (3.7x). Even if the market halves again, i would have snapped your hands of for that, when i invested. 

• Like 1

I'm very comfortable with my investments, the only thing troubling me was whether to invest more during this dip or not :D

Its money for nothing really as far as I am concerned, I've been doing the matched betting for a year or so and held the proceeds separate from my usual income/outgoings (mainly because I knew I was going to be applying for a mortgage and lots of gambling transactions on the statement isn't a good look!).

So, if it collapses tomorrow I've not lost any money I have 'earned'. Just some of my winnings, I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

Well the good news about all this is, I bet there's a lot of hedge funds etc that have been patiently waiting for the right moment to get into crypto. I think the bounce will be quite strong when it happens. Really wouldn't surprise me to see Bitcoin back at $15-20k in Feb. 

Â