U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

While all of that was happening, things were afoot in the league.  Blackburn continued their march towards promotion with a routine 2-0 win at home to 2nd bottom Newcastle, and at the same time that we were beating Boro 2-1 in their backyard, Brighton were moving above them in the league with a thumping 5-1 win against perennial cabbages West Bromwich Albion.

Ever it was, ever it will be.

Leicester are currently top of PL2 division 1 and Swansea are only 2pts behind them in 4th. I'll take Sheffield United please.

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:02, BOF said:

Significant modifications to OP.

We now also have a player appearance table for the Premier League Cup.  I opted against having one overall appearance table because it would have been too wide.

Tables now only include players who have been in a matchday squad (whether they were used or not).

Moved league table to top of page. 

Unfortunately due to the awful maintenance of the OS, some of the PL Cup appearance stats are incomplete.  I've managed to find 6 of the 7 line-ups.  I'm missing the away trip to Sheffield United and the only reason I know Odutayo played in 2 of the games is because he scored in them.  If anyone has substitute information for any of the games then it would be appreciated.

The away Sheff Utd U23 PL Cup can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sharrowblade/25949213917/in/album-72157687651112294/

The team was:

Watkins, McConachie, Williams, Ige, Revan, Birch, Odutayo, Tait-Moran, Mooney, Brunt, Ramesy

Subs: Abdo, Idem, Sea, Bridge, Vassilev

Before anyone notices, yes the day stated is wrong 14/03/18 was Wednesday not Thursday.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

The away Sheff Utd U23 PL Cup can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sharrowblade/25949213917/in/album-72157687651112294/

The team was:

Watkins, McConachie, Williams, Ige, Revan, Birch, Odutayo, Tait-Moran, Mooney, Brunt, Ramesy

Subs: Abdo, Idem, Sea, Bridge, Vassilev

Before anyone notices, yes the day stated is wrong 14/03/18 was Wednesday not Thursday.

Excellent, thank you. I'll fill it in later.

Can anyone who watches the U23's fill me in on how Oscar Borg is going? I saw part of an U23's game a couple of months ago and thought he was impressive.

I know he made his debut for the senior squad in pre-season and by all reports played well. With us not having a recognizable left back in the squad, he might be a player we can call upon. 

Edited by Michael118

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Can anyone who watches the U23's fill me in on how Oscar Borg is going? I saw part of an U23's game a couple of months ago and thought he was impressive.

I know he made his debut for the senior squad in pre-season and by all reports played well. With us not having a recognizable left back in the squad, he might be a player we can call upon. 

I haven't seen him play for a while, I think he's had injury problems this season, he's good but not first team quality in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I haven't seen him play for a while, I think he's had injury problems this season, he's good but not first team quality in my opinion 

He had injury problems last season and made only 2 appearances, but has made 14 appearances this season which is more than O'Hare, Sarkick, Knibbs & Lyden.

I only saw around 30 mins, but thought he was a stand out and looked a class above to be honest.

• Like 1

Stats updated for Sheff Utd cup game.

5 new names added.  England's Charlie McConnachie, Jack Birch, Luke Ige & Mungo Bridge, plus highly-rated American left winger Indiana Vassilev.

Just missing 3 dates of birth out of 53 now : Ige, Odutayo & Sea.

• Like 1