U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

WOW that 2nd Half!

I just watched it, i watched the first half live then paused the YouTube stream to watch the Champions League, then came back to watch the 2nd half without knowing the outcome.

Though it was obvious it wasn't going to extratime as the length on the video wasn't long enough, I knew there was going to be a winner but just not which way haha

• Like 2

Stats updated.

So the promotion final will be at home to 3rd placed Brighton on a date yet to be decided.  Brighton handed us our joint heaviest defeat during the season when they beat a relatively young Villa side 3-0 at the Checkatrade stadium in February with goals from Tyler Hornby-Forbes, James Tilley & Henrik Bjørdal.  We won the home tie back in September 1-0 courtesy of Jordan Lyden.

I'm nervous about this one if I'm honest, because of our fixture congestion.  We have a cup final coming up on Friday aswell which will be this team's 7th game in a month.  Conceding 3 against a fresh Reading side was a warning sign about what can happen to a superior side on tired legs.  I fear this team may be running out of gas.  I'll be honest, I'd use the kids in the cup final (which in this context I guess means the 10 year olds).  We can't miss out on promotion.  They've had their cup run and the experience that goes with it.  They will of course want to lift the trophy, so for me it would realistically be cameos and fringe players. 

I just really hope we don't end up empty-handed after all is said and done.

Fun but utterly useless fact about last night's squad.  The only player in the starting 11 or on the bench who wasn't aged either 19 or 20 was Jacob Bedeau.  He won't be 19 until Christmas Eve.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Fun but utterly useless fact about last night's squad.  The only player in the starting 11 or on the bench who wasn't aged either 19 or 20 was Jacob Bedeau.  He won't be 19 until Christmas Eve.

I love these facts 

• Thanks 1

Hepburn-Murphy was MOM for me. Absolutely scared their defence shitless.

Doyle-Hayes a close second. He was everywhere, always involved, kept the team ticking over. Great performance.

Both of these guys will be future regulars in our first team. I am convinced of this.

• Like 2

A short interview with Mitchell Clark & Alex Prosser about tonight's cup final opponents.  I forgot Mitch will have known most of them through the Welsh underage sides.

On 02/05/2018 at 20:33, GingerCollins29 said:

Is the final on tv?

It is being streamed live through Swansea's website.

Aston Villa U23s: Matija Sarkic, Isaiah Bazeley-Graham, Mitchell Clark, Jordan Lyden (capt), Dominic Bevan, Jack Clarke, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Jake Doyle-Harris, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green, Callum O'Hare. 

Bree plays at Millwall?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Aston Villa U23s: Matija Sarkic, Isaiah Bazeley-Graham, Mitchell Clark, Jordan Lyden (capt), Dominic Bevan, Jack Clarke, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Jake Doyle-Harris, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green, Callum O'Hare. 

Bree plays at Millwall?

Blackett Taylor, RHM, Green is a very fast attack

• Like 2

We look quite balanced with Doyle-Haye and Clark in midfield scurrying and working, O'Hare deep, RHM on the shoulder and the two wingers - of the four front players I'd have to say Green looks the one who's not quite at it.