U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

Sorry for the delayed update.  I've been away.  All done now, including 3 new players.  Isaiah Bazeley-Graham, Colin Odutayo & Dimitri Sea :clap: 

FYI Blackburn's game in hand is this evening at home to Southampton.  The Saints are only 3pts from the playoffs with 3 games to go, so I'm hoping they'll be well up for it.

Table updated after a(nother) Blackburn win on Monday.  3-0 away to Wolves which puts them all but out of reach now barring a very unlikely collapse.

Given that we can't be caught by anyone outside of the playoff places, that's pretty much us done and dusted now.  That just leaves us jostling for where to finish in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Stats updated, including confirmed date & times for

• PL Cup Quarter final away to Middlesbrough.  Monday 9th April @ 19:00.
  • Re-scheduled away league game at Newcastle. Friday 20th April @ 19:00.

* I've just seen the goals and I'm giving RHM the assist for O'Hare's goal.

• Like 2

Middlesbrough move from 5th to 3rd with a 1-0 win away to Newcastle.

Our cup tie on Monday means everyone in the league plays again before we do.  Baggies & Boro play twice.

bc669df501c2813a5820954332c65f9f.png

Significant modifications to OP.

We now also have a player appearance table for the Premier League Cup.  I opted against having one overall appearance table because it would have been too wide.

Tables now only include players who have been in a matchday squad (whether they were used or not).

Moved league table to top of page. 

Unfortunately due to the awful maintenance of the OS, some of the PL Cup appearance stats are incomplete.  I've managed to find 6 of the 7 line-ups.  I'm missing the away trip to Sheffield United and the only reason I know Odutayo played in 2 of the games is because he scored in them.  If anyone has substitute information for any of the games then it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

So, the cup quarter final.  Last time we played Boro @ Heritage Park we were on the receiving end of a 4-1 hiding courtesy of a George Miller hattrick back in September.  We got our own back 4-0 in Bodymoor Heath, but it's clear this is a very tricky tie.  Boro are also just behind us in the league, and have won 5 of their last 6 in all competitions.  Thankfully, Miller has since gone on-loan to Bury where he has continued his goal-scoring streak.  It's worth pointing out that at the time, the side who faced Boro were the 3rd youngest we've used all season, and the youngest matchday squad of all.  So a bit more experience and a theoretically weaker Boro side should level this one up somewhat.

What remains to be seen is how many; if any; ringers will be brought in from their senior side to try and get them through this one.