U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

Stream went down for me just before half time - I think it's 0-0.

We look lively on the break but Swansea have probably just edged it for my money. There have been one or two challenges from their back line that have been borderline though - I wouldn't be too surprised to see them finish with ten men.

No goals as yet.  Blackett-Taylor is our standout man going forward.  He's coming in narrow to receive the ball in deep positions, then beating players as he moves out wide with it.

His cross deflected off a Swansea defender and hit the post fairly early on.

O'Hare and Green haven't offered much yet, and RHM look like he wants to recreate his wonder goal every time he gets the ball.  He missed a very presentable chance just before half time.

They've not threatened much.  We're sitting quite deep and waiting for them to give us the ball, which generally they've been kind enough to do.  Kenji Gorre has looked like their main threat.

• Like 2

I've also fallen out with their number 10. He's a gobby individual who appears to be the referee's dog. That's the one explanation I can think of for why he runs straight to the ref every time he blows his whistle.

We've started this half well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've also fallen out with their number 10. He's a gobby individual who appears to be the referee's dog. That's the one explanation I can think of for why he runs straight to the ref every time he blows his whistle.

We've started this half well.

They're definitely not the football team in this encounter.  And yes, we've come flying out of the traps this half.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it me of have Swansea got more and more physical as this has gone on? Every time we break they're going through the back of people.

And nice to see Barry Island Bellerin has just got a well-deserved booking too.

Blackett-Taylor off for Prosser. I think he's done well and I'm a bit surprised at that one - he did look knackered when he came off though in fairness.

I like the look of our right back - Bazeley-Graham - he looks a prospect.

Swansea's commentators congratulating Swansea on sportingly kicking the ball out of play. A Swansea player is down injured.

Swansea have come back into it - RHM is getting kicked from pillar to post - we'll welcome this little break in play.

• Haha 2