NFL Fantasy League 2017

Brumerican

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm cool with with reverse order.

where did we land on the new changes? I think it would be nice if we at least increased our bench sizes so we can take a punt on a few sleepers.

didnt we reduce it last year so people couldnt just hold players. gave you more to think about each week.

14 hours ago, zak said:

didnt we reduce it last year so people couldnt just hold players. gave you more to think about each week.

yeah we increased the bench size and then decreased it the season after as there was almost no useful waiver options

Edited by abdomlahor

On 24/08/2017 at 23:50, zak said:

Knowing less about the players on waivers would give you even more to think about surely ? 

6 bench spots with 14 teams seems to work  perfectly fine in the yahoo mock drafts and there's always plenty of players left that will contribute during the season.  

If you wanted to prevent people hoarding premium position players you can just set a limit on how many RB's you are allowed at anyone time.

My personal opinion is that having less bench spots doesn't improve the game at all but I'm happy to go with the majority.

I've temporarily increased the league size to 16 and sent invites to Bernie and Dante.  If we dont hear from the two outstanding soon, i will remove and we can go with 14.

Any changes to rosters or scoring settings?  Currently rosters are:

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1TE/WR
1D/ST
5BN

There's no need at all for 5 Bench spots in a 14 team league . 16 maybe, but I genuinely don't see how it makes the game better when you can't draft a team that doesn't require add drops and trades .

The top of the draft does look a little challenging this year. I don't mind drafting 16th, I liked my team last year but i'd like to draft a completely different team of players this year. Unless of course some of them fall to me. T.Y Hilton or Demaryius Thomas at the turn doesn't sound too bad.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but would anyone be interested in buying into another fantasy league? Couple of spots left, £15 in, so prize pool will be be about £150. Draft is tonight at 21:30 (GMT), sorry for the late notice. 

27 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've joined. Can't figure out how to change my time zone from LA to London so at the moment its showing the draft as being 12:30 on the 4th September. I assume it's 7:30pm GMT time?

Me neither, think it's 8:30pm though.....

Edited by sexbelowsound