• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, avfc1982am said:

The replies are pretty good to be honest. Tyranny 😂 Just host the event in Russia where they're happy to listen to bullshit. 

I read some of the replies to it earlier. Apart from the odd deluded tankie, they all pretty much told Galloway to do one, some of them quite amusingly

• Like 1

Galloway is an utter tool, in more ways than one, but I'm not really in favour of the whole cancel culture thing generally.  Hope he gets somewhere else to hold his tankiefest, the **** idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Galloway is an utter tool, in more ways than one, but I'm not really in favour of the whole cancel culture thing generally.  Hope he gets somewhere else to hold his tankiefest, the **** idiot.

Yes, like the Russian embassy, he can pick up his paycheck at the same time. Two vatniks, one stone! A church probably isn't the place to profess your love for Putin when Putin is bombing places of worship filled with children.

I do agree though, the amount of roasting these idiots are getting wouldn't even be close if they weren't so public and obvious about it.

The fun thing is that he's tagged his lawyer firm in Dublin, who are now getting absolutely demolished on every platform. The idiocy of this man..

Edited by magnkarl

How's life Olaf? It seems people are going ahead without you. 

Sweden have also committed 12 Archer howitzers, lauded as better than the Caesar.

Edit: do bear in mind that Visegrad can be quite over the top, bordering on propaganda sometimes.
Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Yes, like the Russian embassy, he can pick up his paycheck at the same time. Two vatniks, one stone! A church probably isn't the place to profess your love for Putin when Putin is bombing places of worship filled with children.

I do agree though, the amount of roasting these idiots are getting wouldn't even be close if they weren't so public and obvious about it.

The fun thing is that he's tagged his lawyer firm in Dublin, who are now getting absolutely demolished on every platform. The idiocy of this man..

I'm not religious (at all) but I ended up in our local church over Christmas for my kids show, and in November for Remembrance Day. The Vicar (I have no idea what the speaker guys in church are called) repeatedly went out of his way to say how pro Ukrainian they are. There is still now a Ukrainian flag outside each of the churches in our village. 

I am fairly sure I know which side the Church is on, based on my albeit limited experience. 

As an aside, thanks to you guys I learned a new word- Vatnik. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well it sounds like Ukraine needs the tanks as Russia seem to be making advances (according to the mainstream news outlets this morning) and have taken Soledar (or flattened it).

Ukraine will likely find their position in Soledar untenable and retreat today mainly due to Wagner pumping human wave after human wave of cannon fodder (40k recruited criminals since September) into the mix. Soledar isn't really a big deal when it comes to the defensive line as there's a river behind it in Blahodatne which is already extremely fortified. This'll be another Sieverodonetsk where Russia lost much of its combat power for a pile of rubble with no significance other than PR.

Ukraine is actually trying to save the lives of its servicemen, the mirror opposite of Putin. Once Bradleys, Marders, the modernized T-variants from Czechia and AMX's arrives from France it'll be a city which is liberated in a few hours. All at the cost of thousands of Russian soldiers' lives.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'm still confused as to why they have to wait for German approval? If they just send them what are Germany going to do, its not like they can retaliate or criticise the move.

It's a contractual obligation. They are manufactured by the Germans and sold with conditions attached. One of those conditions is that they Germans have to approve their onward sale/donation. If you ignore that you won't be getting any more when you're next shopping for Leopards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

It's a contractual obligation. They are manufactured by the Germans and sold with conditions attached. One of those conditions is that they Germans have to approve their onward sale/donation. If you ignore that you won't be getting any more when you're next shopping for Leopards. 

It's unlikely how long that argument will hold. It'll make German tanks really unpopular and will likely make their partners go elsewhere. Israel, USA, Sweden, Britain and France all make tanks that are just as good or better. It's a risky move by Olaf when even the producer wants him to deliver them.

South Korea has already taken one of Rheinmetall's contracts in Poland likely due to this issue.

Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I'm still confused as to why they have to wait for German approval? If they just send them what are Germany going to do, its not like they can retaliate or criticise the move.

Ukraine wants the Leopard tank.  It’s got one huge advantage over British and French tanks.  It’s already in use by the Polish Army. 

This means that Poland already has all the associated spare parts, trained mechanics and equipment that is necessary to keep them going.  Poland will assist, but not if it means Germany revoke the export licence and thereby remove the supply of spare parts, ammunition and expertise. 

It’s also likely that dozens of the foreign fighter in Ukraine have already been trained on the Leopard.

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks

So apparently Putin is sending a hypersonic missile armed Frigate into the Norwegian Sea for exercises and general threatening behaviour. 

Given that he paints the west as aggressors, you'd think he'd try to avoid destabilising the concept of M.A.D by deploying weapons that can't be countered?

Not that they could counter harsh language at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

So apparently Putin is sending a hypersonic missile armed Frigate into the Norwegian Sea for exercises and general threatening behaviour. 

Given that he paints the west as aggressors, you'd think he'd try to avoid destabilising the concept of M.A.D by deploying weapons that can't be countered?

Not that they could counter harsh language at the moment. 

It's not very smart to target the country that makes the best anti-ship missiles in the world. I doubt the Norwegians are very afraid. They've been dealing with Russian posturing since 1950.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

You'd think he would realise that his empty threats are recognised by the west as just that. 

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Classic bully boy hot air from Putin, you don’t tell people if you’re serious about doing something. 

In fairness, we don't actually know whether the frigate even has missiles aboard. They did tests and drills, but no test firings. As you say it is probably posturing. 

Â