Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Is this the pre course for the newly arrived HIMARS rockets or likely an f16 with some medium range ammo? Hard to tell I guess. Either will damage anything within Ukrainian borders, Izium likely being the next target.

The anti radar missiles that hit around Kherson oblast showed that something big was afoot, and it sure wasn’t ammunition combusting for no reason.

Ukraine's official line is that the weapon used was Ukrainian designed and manufactured. How true that is, we don't know but they were rumoured to have been developing a 500km range missile system of their own before this year

Obviously it could be a NATO weapon and they are just covering.

I definitely think the mid-August prediction for Ukraine to go on the offensive could be about to be realised. Not only that but the Russians are known to have reinforced the Southern Front recently and now those increased troop numbers South East of Kherson aren’t going to have as much (if any) air cover as they were expecting

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I am sure the Russians wouldn’t lie.  It must have been an accident.  Probably a build up of static from an airman’s nylon jumper.  

Don't know about you but I literally cannot think of a more rational explanation. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

There’s a video on the BBC website of beach goers in Crimea when the blasts happened and I think we’re all thinking the same thing… Who the **** goes to the beach in Crimea during a war?

Erm Russians, it's one of their Tourist Hotspots. See the Russians are fed their propaganda that they are winning the war, they don't think Crimea is in the war zone, well it is now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Erm Russians, it's one of their Tourist Hotspots. See the Russians are fed their propaganda that they are winning the war, they don't think Crimea is in the war zone, well it is now

I’m sure we’ll be hearing how angry Moscow is about it. 

Moscow bombing, killing and raping their way across an innocent neighbour getting upset.

It's almost funny that Russia thinks that anyone believes that a cigarette would ignite a several mile long runway, petrol tanks far apart, planes spaced nicely apart and cause some sort of chain reaction to take them all out, including the cars in the parking lot next to the airfield. My money is on 3-4 ATACMS shot from HIMARS systems close to Romania, most likely with Bayraktar or Raptors keeping the air defenses focused on something else.

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It's almost funny that Russia thinks that anyone believes that a cigarette would ignite a several mile long runway, petrol tanks far apart, planes spaced nicely apart and cause some sort of chain reaction to take them all out, including the cars in the parking lot next to the airfield. My money is on 3-4 ATACMS shot from HIMARS systems close to Romania, most likely with Bayraktar or Raptors keeping the air defenses focused on something else.

Ukraine saying it was a Special Forces Op and the two almost exactly simultaneous explosions may give credence to that or they could just be taking the piss to sew panic among the Russian military

But who knows

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ukraine saying it was a Special Forces Op and the two almost exactly simultaneous explosions may give credence to that or they could just be taking the piss to sew panic among the Russian military

But who knows

Either way, good news. The HARM strikes the other day against the air defenses around Crimea suggests that they were planning to engage with missiles\planes though.

Tweet below is purely speculation of course. At least it's not cigarettes. 

Looks like Ukraine have reached a point where they feel safe enough to start pushing forward. Taking out air assets would be how NATO would prepare for an attack. Russia reportedly had a similar amount of aircraft here as in Crimea as they probably expected that Ukraine would never attack them within Belarus.

Also worth noting that this airfield has been used for bombing amongst other things Zhytomyr, Vinnytsia and Cherkasy.

• Thanks 1

I know Ukraine will be suffering huge losses we don't hear about but they will be "accepted" and justifiable to the Ukrainian people. But everyday you look at that Ukraine Weapons Tracker you see Russian tanks and troop carriers and occupied buildings being destroyed. Everyday more young Russians being killed.   More and more families suffering bereavement.  

They are no longer taking any land or cities, now highly visible signs of attacks will be seen at home. 

You wonder how much longer they will stomach this. 

Â