Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think both chocolate brown and purple would be too close to claret to be an away kit.

Also Chocolate brown is historically a Cov City colour I think, so doubt it would be that.

Yeah purple is close to claret which is a shame. I didnt know that about Coventry tbh.

Aa long as its not green again my god that was awful.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah, my bad!

yes I agree. Would be a lovely away kit. I think this season's black away is a bit overrated to be honest, that white one is way nicer.

I liked our black one from this season at first but it has died down on me now and reminds me of our Black away kit of about 3/4 years ago (FxPro sponsor).

For me 3rd kits are for the big teams nowadays that are in europe and that can stay in other cup competitions long enough for fans to see the kit donned enough.

I do hate it when Villa have a yellow kit.

91/92 Mitre Copiers & 04/05 Yellow DWS one - Both disgusting imo.

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I liked our black one from this season at first but it has died down on me now and reminds me of our Black away kit of about 3/4 years ago (FxPro sponsor).

For me 3rd kits are for the big teams nowadays that are in europe and that can stay in other cup competitions long enough for fans to see the kit donned enough.

I loved that Mitre Copiers yellow kit! (even though I'm too young to actually remember us playing in it)

1 hour ago, Chap of Steel said:

So nothing more ever emerged about the white shirt? Odd. 

Must say I was quite looking forward to getting it!

You're avatar represents one of the greatest Villa away shirts of all time.

(I had one with McGrath '5') on the back with the 'Coca Cola cup winners 1994' above the crest. - still pissed to this day my brother tried to iron the bastard 23 years ago and melted the bastard completely writing off the shirt!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

Yeah that white kit is an absolute beauty. It’s only simple but it’s so good, reminds me of the white away from 95/96 I think with ldv vans sponsor. Wonder why it never got released?

Edited by Ingram85

21 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah that white kit is an absolute beauty. It’s only simple but it’s so good, reminds me of the white away from 95/96 I think with luv vans sponsor. Wonder why it never got released?

I am sure we had a white 3rd kit the season we where sponsored by AST computers (AST being in green felt) and a year or 2 later another white away with Claret and blue sashes across the shirt with LDV.  

Reebok gaves us some really good kits.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but the third white kit is discussed briefly here around the 25 minute mark in this interview by The Villa View’s Dan Bardell with Luke Organ.

If you don’t get chance to watch it, basically the white kit was commissioned to fall in with regulations that state if there are two dark kits (in our case, the claret & blue kit and the black kit), a third light kit must be produced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you don’t get chance to watch it, basically the white kit was commissioned to fall in with regulations that state if there are two dark kits (in our case, the claret & blue kit and the black kit), a third light kit must be produced.

Well I never knew that.

You learn something new everyday!

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but the third white kit is discussed briefly here around the 25 minute mark in this interview by The Villa View’s Dan Bardell with Luke Organ.

When this guy gives money to charity, does it qualify him as an Organ donor?

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought you hated yellow kits.

Thats the only yellow i like. Its actually very nice  with that type of yellow mixed with blue. The yellow we tend to have is that ugly yellow really light fluorescent 

But i absolutely love the bottom one

Get it done big tone

On 12/18/2017 at 18:11, AvfcRigo82 said:

3/4 years ago? Try 7 :D