Pre-match thread

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I've felt for a while that 3 in the middle can be deceptive. 3 with Ayew and Agbonlahor on the wings means 3 midfielders. 2 in the middle with Green and Adomah means 4 midfielders. You can be more overrun with 3 CMs if the other personnel aren't right for the system.

Couldn't agree more mate. I've not seen much of Green if I'm honest, but Adomah certainly works hard in terms of getting back when we haven't got the ball. With Grealish likely to be in a free role, i don't think this lineup will leave us light in the middle. 

1 minute ago, squirdle said:

If we win this game with that line-up, we're certainties for the play-offs, because we'd be the luckiest team ever!

Hopefully this means grealish and Lansbury will push forward otherwise I can't see where the hell we are gonna score from

On 16/01/2017 at 14:43, Grasshopper said:

SJ

Chester Chester Baker Baker

Chester Baker

Chester <---------------> Baker

Chester Baker

1-0 Villa (an O.G)

SJ

Lambcurry Lambcurry Baker

Chester Lambcurry

Gaby

2-3 Villa (Chester OG Baker OG - Gaby Hattrick)

P.S. OG's Lambcurry caught in possesion - Gaby hattrick Left foot right foot brave diving header in off the post 90+4mins)

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Just now, squirdle said:

Westwood and Gabby in the shop window, Green starting for experience. Dare I whisper that it looks as though we've given up on promotion this season?

I was thinking the same. Seems Bruce is planning for next season already which is just madness seeing as we have so many points to play for 

You know what, even though im one of the biggest haters, even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

Gabby to score, there i said it. 

'Runs away to see if my psychiatrist has any slots available this week'

I've been very negative all season but for whatever reason I'm excited by that line up.  I'd rather not have Gabby and Westwood in there but that's a very exciting foursome of Lansbury,  Green,  Grealish and Adomah. Solid defense too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

All that money spent and we come up with that. Well hope Lansbury will not get Villa flu.

Looks like Bruce's opinion on McCormack is close to mine.

He's not on the bench so must be injured

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

SJ

Lambcurry Lambcurry Baker

Chester Lambcurry

Gaby

2-3 Villa (Chester OG Baker OG - Gaby Hattrick)

P.S. OG's Lambcurry caught in possesion - Gaby hattrick Left foot right foot brave diving header in of the post 90+4mins)

u ok m8?

x

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

team sheet?

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Baker Amavi 

Adomah Lansbury Westwood Green

Grealish Gabby