Pre-match thread

Demitri_C

Johnson and Robinson have turned into quality players and it won't be too long before they are playing in the premier league. Simon Grayson has put together a very good young team on a budget that is only a fraction of what Villa have spent on rubbish in the summer. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet and can't see us scoring more than 1 goal here. Unless of course proper signings are made and in the team.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Is this a 'must win'?

If I was in charge, in lieu of any new signings, I would play:

Johnstone

Bacuna Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Jedinak Tshibola Green

Grealish

McCormack

I expect we will sign Lansbury and Bruce will play:

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Baker Amavi

Lansbury Jedinak Tshibola 

Adomah Agbonlahor Grealish

...And Gabby will yet again be useless. How early can we get Kodjia or Ayew back?

Remember the days when we were playing meaningless mid-table Premier league games? Well, welcome to meaningless mid-table Championship games.

Expecting a poor crowd and another **** performance. Though being at home we may nick a draw or an undeserved win.

The play offs are long gone and the novelty of playing new teams is wearing thin.

1-1

I can't believe people are nervous about playing Preston North End (just repeat that team name over and over in your head) at home. Surely the last time they were any good Pongo Waring was playing for us! What a sad depressing situation this is and under Bruce I can't see it getting any better.

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I can't believe people are nervous about playing Preston North End (just repeat that team name over and over in your head) at home. Surely the last time they were any good Pongo Waring was playing for us! What a sad depressing situation this is and under Bruce I can't see it getting any better.

We lost to them so year probably another gutless performance

Aston Villa 0 - Preston ?

I can only guarantee how many we will get. The rest is up to how good/bad Preston are on the day.

I would still like to see Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson in claret and blue too FWIW 

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

SJ

Chester Chester Baker Baker

Chester Baker

Chester <---------------> Baker

Chester Baker

1-0 Villa (an O.G)

im not sold on SJ yet...can Chester play in goal?

• Like 2

Just now, decamoto said:

im not sold on SJ yet...can Chester play in goal?

with that many Chester Baker's in da houz Bunn could play in goal and up front

But who would you leave out up front?

Chester?

pt

Baker?

now there's a dilema

• Like 1

Taking my 7 year old son to this, it's his first ever Villa game. All last season he was asking me to take him but I put him off due to the shit we were serving up, I want him to see a good game and lots of villa goals for his first time - not going to happen is it!?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Taking my 7 year old son to this, it's his first ever Villa game. All last season he was asking me to take him but I put him off due to the shit we were serving up, I want him to see a good game and lots of villa goals for his first time - not going to happen is it!?

buy him some "Colour to B&W" specs and tell him we're the team in the dark shorts

• Like 1