Top Gear

Jez

Great episode last night..

That Rolls Royce is quite the car, I have luckily been inside a ghost (I know someone who owns one :D) and it really is a different class apart from the usual BMW 7 series etc.

That S65 AMG again is really nice, AMG cars usually are.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it. I know it's scripted but I still found it funny when James came out of the bank and saw only the Bentley was left and called them utter utter cars :lol:

The Merc looks like an amazing machine. No doubt they'll get into more trouble now about basically saying; in their inimitable way; that most cars in Albania are robbed from elsewhere :)

To be fair, there seemed to be quite a lot of evidence to back that up!

The bit that made me laugh was talking about cost. It got to Jeremy and he very seriously declared that his Bentley was by far the most expensive yet he really couldn't see why, and it showed his dashboard, which must be one of the dullest, simplest interiors ever put in a car.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the "Scripted" element last night worked very well. It wasn't one of the cringeable efforts where it's blatantly scripted but attempted to make it look real.

They made no secret of it being scripted (we all know they didn't really rob a bank) and it worked much better.

Either don't script it, and do some funny challenges. Or do script it, but make it interesting.

To be fair, there seemed to be quite a lot of evidence to back that up!

The bit that made me laugh was talking about cost. It got to Jeremy and he very seriously declared that his Bentley was by far the most expensive yet he really couldn't see why, and it showed his dashboard, which must be one of the dullest, simplest interiors ever put in a car.

:lol: Yeah that was good. And having to ask the dead guy if he wouldn't mind climbing into the boot. That was some raft they drove onto aswell :shock:

and curse you Volvo release that one as a production

Volvo and performance is not exactly mutual, and I've owned t5's. And when they finally get it dead on, they decide not to sell it. Pillocks!

• 2 weeks later...

As Top Gear episodes go, it wasn't a good one. Though still better than most other things on telly. I agree that the snowplough wasn't all that funny. And the 'man on fire' thing was one contrivance too far. The star was very nice indeed. It was a little amusing to see her taken down a notch by being the slowest dry time ever in the car after her supercar/guns/general awesomeness beforehand :) Still, I wouldn't hold it against her.

• 4 months later...

If you cobbled together the non-shite parts of the latest series, 3 episodes in, you might just about have enough to make a really, really good episode.

The train thing last night was positively painful to watch, and disappeared over the horizon of Dreadful the more Hammond was involved. As a comedic entity he's non-existant. The playing up comedy sketch bits have always teetered on the line between cringeworthly bad and just about acceptably mediocre, but Hammond just cannot do this shit. He can't even do the bad acting caricature thing that Clarkson and May do slightly more convincingly. Terrible.

yeah id said to the gf the chip pan will catch fire as soon as they did it, if its funny or interesting i can put up with the blatant editing and scripting, when its neither i really cant, is it nearing its last legs or still the beebs most popular show?